View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Removal of Battery

Hi Guys,

Looking at removing the fairings on my GR650 and I was just wondering if there was any alternative to the huge battery that sits under the seat? I am pretty new to this and was wondering if anyone has a reccomendation?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Prepping for the Big One

I've done a few rides this month in an effort to build up for the North Island 1600 on 10-11 October, but thanks to wrecking the rear tyre, I haven't done as much riding as I had hoped.

On Friday the 4th, Woody and I had an early departure from Wellington in order to scoot up to KSS in New Plymouth to get my rear shock replaced. I've had the OEM shock in for a few months as I haven't been able to get away from work, but it's all done now and the bike feels like it's back on rails.....I ...
  3. HMCC R3 Shoei Winter Series @ Hampton Downs

It seemed like forever since I was last racing and thinking about it this would be only the second full race day (provided nothing stopped me from finishing the day) in a year.

I had a list of things to do to the bike but due to real life stuff the priority of that list dropped until I forgot what I'd done with it. I'd definitely changed the oil and filter and lock wired everything back up so the only thing I really needed to do was ...
  4. “One tank to go please?”

Bloody marvellous! I went for my first conditioning ride this morning. I decided that about 500km would be good and worked out a route up by Wangas, then across and back through the Wai’rapa, which ended up at 530km, would be just what the doctor ordered. The straight and boring ride up ‘1’ & ‘3’ to Wangas would be arse numbing and on an early (0700) start I wouldn’t have to worry about cold, damp patches, then I could enjoy a few nice roads on the way home. And when it worked out at 530km, I thought, ...
  5. GN250 bobber with a twisted lean

Through fate/good fortune/karma I have managed to acquire two GN's - one with a reasonable engine, average body. The other seized (well actually...more later) motor but pretty good body at a total of $300 plus a trip to Napier from Palmy.

Looking at the poor wee things, and reminiscing about the modest fun I've had on a GN in the past started the cranial cogs churning (pardon the random alliteration). Driving home from Napier with luke warm thoughts about a GN bobber...but that's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150828_124123.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	668.4 KB 
ID:	315232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150821_184820.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	696.1 KB 
ID:	315233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150821_184758.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	761.7 KB 
ID:	315234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150821_184614.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	315235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150825_114441.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	384.2 KB 
ID:	315236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150825_114425.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	439.5 KB 
ID:	315237  
  6. Karipoti (Upper Hutt Wellington) ?

heyhey, just wondering what the riding is like at Karipoti (Upper Hutt Wellington) ? .. are tracks blocked (trees down) rivers in flood? haven been there since last winter lol ... i wanna try my new XCF350
  7. Been shopping...

Finally gone and done it after much delay...got myself a Suzuki GW 250
    It's a hefty beast but have had the seat trimmed and got some boots with a bit more sole to make up for the short instep
    Still having sessions with an instructor - the man is a saint - but went on my first (short) solo ride today. Still a few hiccups to sort out but that will come with time and practice.
    My long term goal is to travel this lovely country of ours while visiting family ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Piston rings 50cc

If one of my piston rings has gone would my bike moped trR50 still start
    Tags: piston
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 10 of 268 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast