View RSS Feed

Jonno.

1. Some more stuff (Part 3)

Well I finally got off my ass and did some more.
    I took the forks apart and changed the fluid because the front felt a bit so so. What a difference. Previously it felt like the bike wanted a fight when going around every corner. Now it goes where I tell it.

I took the flaking paint off and gave a good shine with a scotch pad left to right until I got the finish I wanted (not mirror) and then clear coated (can't be bothered painting).

So now ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My NC 30 so far: getting her home

So I get her home in the van; what a mission almost dropped it off the plank getting it into the van and getting it out.

What can I say, it looked so bad but I knew it could be so good. I had been spending literally every minute I should have been studying working out how much it would cost to bring it to perfect condition. $2000 max I reconed.

After posting on KB I knew the Rectifier was fucked, so I couldn't really ride it without fucking up the battery. Someone ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My NC 30 so far: buying.

Well I thought I'd write up a series on how I got my bike so I can have a look back and help someone with all of the mistakes I've made so far with this bike

First of all I was having a look on trade me at NC 30s because I had read a lot about them. So far I had gathered they were relatively reliable and fast enough for me (not looking for 600 fast). A long with "awesome" handling these seemed the ticked and after test riding one for the curiosity I was hooked. What took my ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121167082_full..jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	202891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121167268_full..jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	202892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121167539_full..jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	202893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resize..JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	202900