View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. And now for the shit fight

Well, bike stripped down, top ends off and I thought well lets finish the evening by seeing if I can fit the 150 piston before turning in for the night, and , no. It's rod is to big for the conrod hole!!!

The new rearsets are working a treat though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zensen's sexy new left rearset.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	370.4 KB 
ID:	222755  
  2. New top end is here

The new top end for my CBR125 bucket, which a it's head already assembled!! So now to the garage and time to re-build. I hoping this will give me 4 more HP.

I have also fitted new adjustable rearsets with folding footpegs. The non folding pegs of the old adjustable sets always were in the back of my mind and slowed me down. After the last meet where I crashed, but finally got comfortable on my bike combined with the new footpegs will well and truly put those thoughts to rest.
  3. Riding with an excuse - Marshalling!

Well, its not really like I need an excuse, but its fun thinking up one nonetheless.

Last weekend was a more relaxed one, enjoying Russell with girlfriend playing pillion and Zapf in tow, also 2 up. This weekend just past was heading down to Taupo to assist with the marshalling of the Post Classic Racing. Did it last year for the first time, and this was the second time the Club had asked AMCC to provide officials and marshals. With the girlfriend being the Chief Flag Marshal, there ...
  4. Pacific Motorcycle Club & Bike Rider Magazines Summer Series Round 1

Originally the first round of the PMCC was meant to be on the long track. However, safety concerns have eventually meant that it is no longer possible to use the long track at all.

Stevie picked me up from work at midday. It was a gorgeous, sunny Friday but I'd just had a message asking if I knew anything about the accident at Hampton Downs. I was originally going to Marshal at the ride day that was on. However, when I managed to get a ride down to Manfeild ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hunterville for Lunch

Today was a cruisy social ride to lunch at the Station Hotel in Hunterville via Apiti. The weather was supposed to be good on the west coast and we thought we might have a good turnout but in the end, only 8 riders departed for Shannon and 5 completed the ride.

We weren’t expected to arrive until 1300 so we planned half a dozen route options varying between, 155Kms for the direct route up SH1 to 260Kms for the Apiti Loop and exit via Ohingaiti. This meant that we could vary the ride ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Birth of an R6 Superstock #4

Shit, August since my last blog but trying to settle into a new place and racing the last couple of rounds of the VMCC winter series has left me a little preoccupied, but I’m relieved to say that I have completed the build of my 2010 R6 into a racing machine.
    The goal is to race the Yamaha at the 2011 nationals in the super stock class but I do have some club races coming up and have brought the bike up to a competitive specification by completing the following:
    Full Graves’s titanium ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. 2 up and a leisurely ride

After the last couple of weekends of putting on at least 1600km a weekend, it was time for a break, see the girlfriend (who had been very understanding) and catch up on some odds and ends. Saturday was spent popping into Cycletreads for some items Toto had already sorted, then some stuff for a client, then spent the whole evening playing with a blackberry set up.

Sunday was forecast to be brilliant, and what better way to spend it than go for a ride (coz uh... we haven't done that ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24102010165.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	223051  
  8. Waikato Loop

Sunday morning broke fine and clear… the best day for riding (Just my opinion) on the long labour weekend break….

This was the 1st decent ride since the trip up north to the Twin Bridges and out to the Whangarei heads for lunch back on Fathers Day in September.... or the last quick blast around the Coromandel Loop....

Amongst all the other spring cleaning chores carried out on Saturday I had managed to clean the bike…. and check the fluids etc… so we were good to ...