View RSS Feed

Cool - me own blog!

From what I can see I have either a strange view on the world, an inability to adequately suppress what I'm thinking, a mouth that should sometimes stay shut or all of the above.

Yaa - who cares... welcome to my world!

1. More poo

Oh my God - where to even start!!!!!!!!!

OK - I've left Paris. The public transport strike threatened to slow passage though the city like it'd eaten an overdose of boiled eggs. Not only would the city be fed on them till it was blocked up - it would have a few shoved up the Khyber Pass for good measure to make sure no-one was going anywhere. But in true Paris style there were a few surprises. One of them was the beautiful dichotomy between the total and utter lack of available taxis ...
  2. Poo!

Ok - this is one of "those" trips. I don't care what I do, where I go or what I plan - something's going to go wrong... and I've decided to both ignore it carrying on regardless, and personally take credit for the facile wake of destruction spreading behind me.

Arriving home from Vancouver a week or two ago - the weather turned to poo (note the title). Not so unusual in Spring of course but I had a guy in tow arriving to promote NZ. It'd be nice to have someone see that land of my ...
  3. Dislocated crunchy snot

That sums up my second leg. I've just spent an additional 14 hours on a plane (following on from the original 10, and a 7 hour layover in Singapore) and to be honest - I feel just "dislocated".

My body has no idea what time it is, according to one clock it is currently 7:25 in the morning (NZT), I came via Singapore and stopped there long enough to marvel at the wonders of a 7 eleven store selling all manner of Asian American goods (Twinkies - remember those?), but I stopped there ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. On the road again....

Well - rather than write huge outpourings of woe and angst, it's probably easier for me to do this blow by blow while on the road so the detail is preserved, and the sanity (and time) of anyone wanting to have a peek will remain relatively intact also. (That didn't make perfect sense but I'm jetlagged to hell - sue me!)

So I book some flights - off the Europe pretty much on the back of a US trip, home for 6 days then lift off again for 2 weeks on and near the continent.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Kapa Haka in Vancouver

I'm in Vancouver at the mo and I shot down to breakfast the other morning to the musical sound of kiwis talking at the next table. I stopped and said hi got talking and they're the Air NZ Kapa Haka team here in town for a couple of things - including the send off of the flight I'm on tonight back to Auckland.

Man - if anyone in here works for Air NZ say thanks to them. It is SO nice to hear and meet people from home while on the road, and to be given a full Maori send off tonight... ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Paris to Austin - how hard could it be?

Wow - where to start?

I'm in the air over the US somewhere between Austin and Washington having just spent a long weekend in Texas with some great people. I'm short on sleep, looking a bit rough around the edges and I loved every minute of it. So here's what happened:

I was in Paris. A lovely place. We got down to breakfast and sit down. Help yourself type arrangement so... I do! I get the bowl, load up on some cereal and into it. Very very nice. Good for me and proud ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Prague - I made it... just!

Well I made it with the usual range of strange goings on along the way. Being strapped into a chair for 10 hours straight, minimal access to any exercise at all, and the occasional pee break between movies isn't my personal idea of a good time. Combine that with the prospect of another 12 1/2 hours of the same to follow, and a guy somewhere upwind farting every now and then and you have my flight in a nutshell.

I got to Singapore - "You wish to buy duty free sir?" I assume it was ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Why are we here??

Let's face it - it IS the big question.

The simple biological answer (not to be contemplated by anyone "visual") is that Mum and Dad got it on about 9 months before your first breath and the rest is a function of nutrition and safety. I'm inclined to accept that is a matter of history although all the more remarkable in my case as Mum and Dad currently find it hard to knowingly be in the same town, let alone the same bed swapping genetic material.

I'd like to ask the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast