View RSS Feed

Project Bikes

Building your own

1. GT250R lifter or bobbins or spools

can a gt250r have bobbins or spools fitted to the swing arm for the use of a paddock stand or do I have to use the less secure paddock stand with L brackets, also does anyone know of a bike lifter for a gt250r
  2. AMCC Round 5 @ Hampton Downs

What a great way to end an excellent summer full of riding.

Thursday evening was the last of the Honda Twilight Ride Days. It's only 3 sessions but it's also really cheap.

Early on Thursday it was looking extremely dodgy with steady rain until about 10:00am, with light rain until about 1:00pm and then the sky cleared. By 4:30pm the roads were bone dry and perfectly clean. It was warming up so the track was ...
  3. My first blog

From the day i first started riding I have been aiming to get a CBR954. In my opinion they are one of the best looking bikes ever made.
    From the first day I saw one I was in love.

Finally I found myself in a position to get one relatively cheap that I could really make my own.

I first saw it on Trademe - CBR954 perfect trackbike, stripped to essentials - deregistered, no headlight, indicators, mirrors, left hand switch cluster and a few other bits and pieces. ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24 13.36.08.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	279756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-03 12.12.03.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	279759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-03 12.12.20.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	279760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-03 12.12.41.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	279761  
  4. steampunk inspired veteran build

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	216816524.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	279473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	240419330_full.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	279474
    So essentially what this is is a Ford model T chassis minus rear axle with an Indian 80 cubic inch motor & most of it's frame minus forks etc
    The guy in the pic made this out of junk for the then princely sum of $18
    I'm not sure of the year but suspect 1920s
    This device was good for 63 mph!
    I'll be using a T bucket hot rod chassis & transverse leaf spring front end
    The back wheel will be using ...
  5. steampunk inspired veteran build

WELL I've had an epiphany
    Have a look @ this period pic
    I AM LOVIN THIS!!
    The project has taken an unexpected turn......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	model t indian  trike.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	279467  
  6. New Project December 2012 - the Kawasaki Zephyr

Purchased a 1991 Kawasaki Zephyr on 3rd December from a mate who bought it as a project himself.I was fortunate enough to get it off him before some random stranger purchased it for destinations unknown..wreckers, oddball doer uppers, who knows where this poor lovely bike could've ended up.

Day one

this is her on the day she arrived in my garage, the hard stuff was pretty much
  7. AMCC Round 2 @ Hampton Downs

A weekend riding bikes is a good weekend, especially when the bike looks so good!!

Friday I got an early start as I had lots to do on the bike. I ended up spending the entire day tidying up and finishing off a whole bunch of things on the bike. Little things like a seat pad (painted fibreglass is really slippery), bolting the brake disk onto the spare rear wheel, final cut and polish so the new paintwork doesn't get damaged, go to the supermarket and get supplies for ...
  8. Paint and Stickers are (mostly) done

The major stickers are on. Now they're in place I can have a look to see where I want to put some others. But that's next week. This weekend I get to ride it

Click images

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast