• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Today, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: pritch Today, 21:25 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Today, 15:59 Go to last post
    SaferRides

Unopened brake fluid shelf life?

Thread Starter: SaferRides

Pretty much what the thread title says. There is a variety of opinions for opened containers, but little info on how long you should keep unopened fluid. I have some that was made in 10/2017 and am hesitant to use it.

Last Post By: SaferRides Today, 06:31 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Today, 20:31 Go to last post
  • Auckland's Helicopter Charity Ride is 6th March

http://www.ulysses.org.nz/pdf/Poster2011.pdf

The Rescue Helicopter Charity Ride organised by Auckland Ulysses is on Sunday the 6th March, leaving Karaka at 10am sharp.

For those who haven't been on it before, it is a great buzz riding with so many other bikes.

$10,000 to $12,000 has been raised in previous years, just thru donations and the sale of t-shirts and badges.

There are no entry fees.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Auckland's Helicopter Charity Ride is 6th March started by Sis View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
      mrmeal -
      I tried to follow the link but it needs me to register or sign in. Any chance leave location details from karaka or other venues can be added to the thread and save a million people signing up to the target site of the link? I'm keen to join and rally some other guys too, good cause!!
      Sis -
      SOrry about the pdf. I didn't realise.

Am working on getting it to another site

Sis
      mrmeal -
      luuuuvely thanks!
      thehovel -
      I hope this works Yes it works just click on the file Regards Richard
      Attachment 232414
      Sis -
      Quote Originally Posted by thehovel View Post
      I hope this works Yes it works just click on the file Regards Richard
      Attachment 232414
      Thanks

I have also got it on the Ulysses and have changed the link

See you all there
      mrmeal -
      thanks very Much! I see fat max has a thread on here also to get a group together to funnel their way out to Karaka, so depending on how my organisation on the morning goes that looks like a great option.
      UK Baz -
      how long is this ride? where does it end? is it city roads or out in the wild?
      mrmeal -
      Quote Originally Posted by UK Baz View Post
      how long is this ride? where does it end? is it city roads or out in the wild?
      Looks pretty much up SH1 across the bridge and into AUT campus from the flyer. With the number of bikes involved you'd really not want to complicate it too much I notice there is another event over in Devonport on the same day as well. I'm going to hit the cruise here first and maybe venture over to Devonport and drop a donation in thier charity bucket early afternoon.

Looking forward to it. I joined the breast cancer charity ride late last year, and had a great day.
      caseye -
      Will be there with bells on, sad to say though only on the little bike this year as the big one is still in bits, only 2 really big bits now though.
      Sis -
      The Ride leaves Karaka Bloodstock Centre and travels up the motorway, using the outside lane.We start filtering across after the Victoria Overpass/New Tunnell and finally get ousrselves into the left lane for the Esmonde Road OffRamp. It is actually Akoranga Drive that we want so it is a left turn once on the Esmonde offramp.

We have food and drinks available to the Akoranga Campus.

And we also have a Drill Team demostration

The Bikers and Blues Event that is on in Devonport has chosen to run their event on the same day so that you get the best of everything.

Well worth coming along and joining in with the other bikes.

As well as supporting the Helicopter
      Maha -
      Yip great day to attend both events.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Yip great day to attend both events.
      Twill be a ripper and no mistake...
      hedgier1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Is the ride still going to be going down Queen Street like all other years????
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by hedgier1 View Post
      Is the ride still going to be going down Queen Street like all other years????
      It was only ever half of Queens st and no, not any more, so wheelies are out!
      Nasty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      hmmm I will havea bike!!!!!!!!!!!! Might have to pick up Bruce to come for a ride.
      mrmeal -
      If the weather is anything like we have had in Auckland these last two days, we'll be sweet. fingers crossed...
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrmeal View Post
      If the weather is anything like we have had in Auckland these last two days, we'll be sweet. fingers crossed...
      Long range forecast is for rain, but this is NZ and the forecast doesn't mean anything really... fingers crossed!
      hellokitty -
      looks like showers tomorrow - is this ride on regardless of weather "rain or shine"??? Such a good cause... would be a shame if the weather sucked...
      UK Baz -
      hope so I don't want to get wet riding South for nothing!
      Sis -
      Thanks to Everyone for the Support.
      Bike numbers were down but the money wasn't so down.

We have some t shirts still for sale $20.00 goes directly to the Helicopter Trust.

Please PM me if you want one

Or a badge $10.00

Thanks to those who were on their bikes with us today.

Sis