• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Today, 09:10 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: pritch Today, 09:22 Go to last post
  • Auckland's Helicopter Charity Ride is 6th March

http://www.ulysses.org.nz/pdf/Poster2011.pdf

The Rescue Helicopter Charity Ride organised by Auckland Ulysses is on Sunday the 6th March, leaving Karaka at 10am sharp.

For those who haven't been on it before, it is a great buzz riding with so many other bikes.

$10,000 to $12,000 has been raised in previous years, just thru donations and the sale of t-shirts and badges.

There are no entry fees.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Auckland's Helicopter Charity Ride is 6th March started by Sis View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
      mrmeal -
      was there an estimate to the number of bikes out there with us today? I thought it was a good turnout given the weather. First Westpac ride I'd been on, so had no base comparison to weight against, but I didn't expect as many bikes. Mint day had.
      gunnyrob -
      A heap less than on other years. Normally the bikes at the start go waay round the corner of the stables.
      caseye -
      Nevertheless, it was a damn fine day for a ride and we only managed to pick up a few raindrops on the norf Shore heading into AUT.
      Well done to the Ulysses and Sis for organising another excellent ride and event, the synchronised bikes was amazing, the different types and sizes made it very interesting to watch and no doubt harder on the guys and GIRLS riding.
      Got my badge and got a good ride with mates, cheers Sis.
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
      the synchronised bikes was amazing, the different types and sizes made it very interesting to watch and no doubt harder on the guys and GIRLS riding.
      Yes, weren't they great! There was a similar display at the WIMA pink ribbon ride last year
      caseye -
      Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
      Yes, weren't they great! There was a similar display at the WIMA pink ribbon ride last year
      Hello kittttttty, sorry it wasn't me you accosted at the ride mi-dear.Never mind there will be an opportunity to catch up on the 19th I think it is.
      Sis -
      I still have t-shirts and badges available.

$20.00 donation to the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust will get you a t-shirt

$10.00 will get you a badge.

If you are interested send me a PM.

Sis.
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
      Hello kittttttty, sorry it wasn't me you accosted at the ride mi-dear.Never mind there will be an opportunity to catch up on the 19th I think it is.
      I can't make the 19th as I am taking a friend to do her basic handling skills test.
      Watch out though! I am sure I will see you on a Fat Bikers ride