• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 16:05 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: Autech Yesterday, 22:02 Go to last post
    Brian d marge

Brian d marge has retired and returned

Thread Starter: Brian d marge

Yup tis me I missed Oscar So I decided to resume the nonsense Still riding me 500 Enfield Retired from professional bike stuff, however, I do still keep in touch I was at Japan Superbikes Sunday, I have a small workshop now where I build bikes current bike is a chopper for the...

Last Post By: pete376403 Yesterday, 07:45 Go to last post
  • Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March)

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

DATE: Saturday March 19th.
    LEAVE TIME: 10:30am from Dairy Flat BP on the Northern Motorway.
    ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am at the Muddy Waters Tavern in Mercer
    DONATION: $10 per Bike

With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own.
    There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever.
    A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
    All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
    Donations to made on the day but if you cant make it or would prefer, a bank account number is avaliable below.
    The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

In true Kiwibiker tradition, we urge bikers from the Waikato/BOP/ King Country and everywhere in between and beyond to get in and show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

:Fatt Max will donate a couple of 'Blooze Yeah' albums as spot prizes.

:Bank account for donations if you cant attend the ride - Use CHCH Quake as the reference please and add you online name.

M G James
    010414-0050681-00
    Bank is ANZ

You can register here.....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...011-3-19&c=all
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March) started by Maha View original post
    Comments 139 Comments
      Big Dave -
      Any word on that logo?
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      Any word on that logo?
      Not that I know of, we have a new computer and I dont know where the email is...
      You will be the second to know after us...
      Big Dave -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Not that I know of, we have a new computer and I dont know where the email is...
      You will be the second to know after us...
      I don't care if it's 10 seconds.
      Mom -
      Any word on that logo?
      I made a call today to the Salvation Army bloke that needs to approve this sort of thing. He was delighted and yes we can lift their logo and use it. He will provide me with an official bank account number in due course. They may even send someone to the Muddy Waters to collect the money. I have not had it all confirmed in writting, waiting for his email response, but fire ahead and DO IT is my call.

We are all to consider ourselves blessed. I certainly do
      What? -
      I'm a likely starter for this. Any talk of the Bay Boys (& girls!) getting together to ride over the hill? If so, let me the know what time you are leaving from where, and I will tag on as you pass my abode. Otherwise I might have to go on my own. The long way...
      Big Dave -
      Revised poster.

It's A4 - print at 60% for A5.
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by What? View Post
      I'm a likely starter for this. Any talk of the Bay Boys (& girls!) getting together to ride over the hill? If so, let me the know what time you are leaving from where, and I will tag on as you pass my abode. Otherwise I might have to go on my own. The long way...
      Can you cut and paste the opening post in this thread and start your own? Find yourself a meeting point in Tauranga, work out how long it is going to take you to ride to Mercer for your departure time, so we all get to the Muddy Waters at the same time!

Top effort that man.

Calling Rotorua?
      Big Dave -
      That is a std res .pdf above - here's a print resolution file.

http://homepage.mac.com/david_cohen_...s2/appeal2.pdf

The jpeg already posted is print res.
      RiderInBlack -
      Revised poster.

It's A4 - print at 60% for A5.
      Thanks Big Dave. Have printed out some copies and will take them to the Whangarei Bike Shops ASAP.
      RiderInBlack -
      Thank you Doug, yes I will need a hand with ride control at the front.
      LOL Maha, ya must have been putting out some strong vibes. I hadn't read this until now, but had the strongest feeling I needed ta pop in on Mom and you on the way back from Auckland today. Just as well I did. Good catch-up. See everyone is on track, so I would be totally honour to join ya in the front line
      ukusa -
      a big thanks to all you guys who are organising these rides of support for Ch-Ch. It's great to see support coming from the bike community all around NZ
      Street Gerbil -
      All done. Will be with you guys in spirit.
      NZIntruder -
      For anybody looking at coming through to the Waikato.

The Cock n Bull, Maui Street, Te Rapa, will be open from 9-30am for tea, coffee and toilets. May be hot chips or something for brekky if needed (not 100% sure on this brekky tho), but at the moment I am greatfull to Cock n Bull management for opening early for us. They have said anything for a good cause.
      Damn good reason to go back later for a brew and a bite to eat I say.
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by NZIntruder View Post
      For anybody looking at coming through to the Waikato.

The Cock n Bull, Maui Street, Te Rapa, will be open from 9-30am for tea, coffee and toilets. May be hot chips or something for brekky if needed (not 100% sure on this brekky tho), but at the moment I am greatfull to Cock n Bull management for opening early for us. They have said anything for a good cause.
      Damn good reason to go back later for a brew and a bite to eat I say.
      Fantastic stuff! I hope you get a HUGE turnout
      RiderInBlack -
      Hey Dudes And Dudettes, could we have Contact Phone Numbers for the different areas on the Flyer Please. Noticed there was no contact number at all on the Flyer today as I dropped them off at the Whangarei Bike Shops today. Added Mark's (Maha's) Celephone number on them so there would be at least some for them to ask. Lots of Bikers out there not on KB and need someone they can contact to confirm the ride details OK.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      Hey Dudes And Dudettes, could we have Contact Phone Numbers for the different areas on the Flyer Please. Noticed there was no contact number at all on the Flyer today as I dropped them off at the Whangarei Bike Shops today. Added Mark's (Maha's) Celephone number on them so there would be at least some for them to ask. Lots of Bikers out there not on KB and need someone they can contact to confirm the ride details OK.
      Is a good idea Doug, local shop here ask me to add contact details as a few people had asked who is orgainising the Auckland Ride, I have edited the first post and pm' the others to do the same or send contacts to Dave.
      blackdog -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      cheers. sorted.
      R6_kid:Me -
      I'm not gonna be on the ride, I'm gonna stay at home and donate the money I would have used for putting fuel in my bike towards the cause.
      Maha -
      Red and Black will be the colour of the day.
      Flags/Ribbons whatever you want.

I had a call today from someone who had seen the flyer at a bike shop.
      He and others will be turning up with Cantab flags.
      I will ask them to ride right behind the lead bikes.
      Other motorway users will see all the Red and Black and know exactly what we are doing.
      MadDuck -
      Red and Black will be the colour of the day.
      Flags/Ribbons whatever you want.

Asked at work and seems I may be in charge of a couple of Crusaders flags for the day
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)