• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: pritch Yesterday, 21:25 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    SaferRides

Unopened brake fluid shelf life?

Thread Starter: SaferRides

Pretty much what the thread title says. There is a variety of opinions for opened containers, but little info on how long you should keep unopened fluid. I have some that was made in 10/2017 and am hesitant to use it.

Last Post By: SaferRides Yesterday, 06:31 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
  • Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March)

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

DATE: Saturday March 19th.
    LEAVE TIME: 10:30am from Dairy Flat BP on the Northern Motorway.
    ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am at the Muddy Waters Tavern in Mercer
    DONATION: $10 per Bike

With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own.
    There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever.
    A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
    All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
    Donations to made on the day but if you cant make it or would prefer, a bank account number is avaliable below.
    The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

In true Kiwibiker tradition, we urge bikers from the Waikato/BOP/ King Country and everywhere in between and beyond to get in and show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

:Fatt Max will donate a couple of 'Blooze Yeah' albums as spot prizes.

:Bank account for donations if you cant attend the ride - Use CHCH Quake as the reference please and add you online name.

M G James
    010414-0050681-00
    Bank is ANZ

You can register here.....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...011-3-19&c=all
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March) started by Maha View original post
    Comments 139 Comments
      SpankMe -
      The TV is often announcing charity events for CHCH. Have you guys talked to the TV channels to get them to announce this one?
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
      The TV is often announcing charity events for CHCH. Have you guys talked to the TV channels to get them to announce this one?
      That will be happening, Anne has an extensive media contacts list. There are offers coming in on a daily bases. A stunt rider offered a show for free on the day, I declinded that offer for now. I want to keep this simple as possible. There could room for such and event at another time though.
      I am going to use Kiwibiker as a major supporter for this event ok?
      RiderInBlack -
      Will be there.
      RiderInBlack -
      Hope ya don't mind Maha, but I have added it as an Event on Facebook here Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001123112755#!/event.php?eid=156574781062868 ". Hope that is ok.
      Doug
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      Hope ya don't mind Maha, but I have added it as an Event on Facebook here Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001123112755#!/event.php?eid=156574781062868 ". Hope that is ok.
      Doug
      Cheers Doug, Anne is at a meeting in Wellington with a number of other bike groups today and hopefully by now they will all know this.
      Big Dave -
      Harold has a page too.
      One of you organisers:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/christchur...ectid=10708713
      Maha -
      Done...the easy way..copy and paste the opening post...

Well its up, click on the link at it takes you to the registration page...
      Big Dave -
      Maha - I think now this is becoming national we (Kiwirider) should just give a cash donation instead. Seems better taste? Good idea when it was needing a boost.

Delete it from the banner if you agree - leave it and it will be honoured.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      Maha - I think now this is becoming national we (Kiwirider) should just give a cash donation instead. Seems better taste? Good idea when it was needing a boost.

Delete it from the banner if you agree - leave it and it will be honoured.
      Cash is good Dave thank you...I was trying to keep away from the time incured with raffles/spot prizes, though would have greatfully accepted the KR offer.
      So ok, I will delete it from the banner and add KR as a supporter.
      hellokitty -
      Should be a great ride.

Wish I could come, but am taking a fellow KBer to sit her BHS test that day at the same time... which is all good as she will support the future charity rides!!! (well she does anyway but in the future she will ride her own bike)
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
      Should be a great ride.

Wish I could come, but am taking a fellow KBer to sit her BHS test that day at the same time... which is all good as she will support the future charity rides!!! (well she does anyway but in the future she will ride her own bike)
      Shall I put you down for ten bucks anyway....
      Big Dave -
      These rides should be called the 'United Bikers' or 'United Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal Rides. - ?
      Mom -
      These rides should be called the 'United Bikers' or 'United Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal Rides. - ?
      Bikers Ride to suport Quake Victims.

Bikers Unite for Quake Appeal.

Motorcyclists Unite for Quake Appeal. *Meh*

Bikers ride in support of people affected by the Christchurch Earth Quake.

Motorcyclists ride in support of people affected by the Christchurch Earth Quake.
      Maha -
      Perhaps the Media could run with this...

Motorcyclists ride in support of people affected by the Christchurch Earth Quake.

Either way, I am not bothered. What matters to me the most is that the turn out is overwhelming and that we can raise a shit load of money to hand over to the Sallies.
      RiderInBlack -
      Nothing wrong with Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides . Leave it be and lets all get behind the rides, because it is not about us, it's about Cantab needing our help. Maha if ya need help on the day give me a text on 027 4534020 OK. I don't care who's running it as long as it happens and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Either way, I am not bothered. What matters to me the most is that the turn out is overwhelming and that we can raise a shit load of money to hand over to the Sallies.
      That personifies the spirit and intention of this ride mate, well done, big respect.

As for the petty bollocks about 'whose ride is this'......I used the words petty bollocks didnt I..!!
      Fatt Max -
      Are you saying bikers are not usually united.....

As long as its not "Manchester United" then that will be fine by me eh
      Big Dave -
      Nothing wrong with Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides . Leave it be and lets all get behind the rides, because it is not about us, it's about Cantab needing our help. Maha if ya need help on the day give me a text on 027 4534020 OK. I don't care who's running it as long as it happens and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.
      Do go on.

It's just easier to promote with a name or a headline - tag. Particularly to the 90% who aren't following on KB.

Edit.

Got it - 'Calling All Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal rides or

'Calling All Riders'
      Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides.

Maha's call anyway.
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Shall I put you down for ten bucks anyway....
      No worries $10 it is...
      Maha -
      Thank you Doug, yes I will need a hand with ride control at the front.
      I have it quite clear in my mind how the ride will pan out (speed/lane choice/where to change lanes etc) so perhaps if yourself and Kelvin/Al or whoever is coming down from the north can help with that?
      I had six ride controllers on the last one (360 bikes) but we were going through the City and needed that amount. Not so much on this ride.