• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: mulletman Today, 08:10 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
  • Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March)

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

DATE: Saturday March 19th.
    LEAVE TIME: 10:30am from Dairy Flat BP on the Northern Motorway.
    ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am at the Muddy Waters Tavern in Mercer
    DONATION: $10 per Bike

With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own.
    There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever.
    A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
    All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
    Donations to made on the day but if you cant make it or would prefer, a bank account number is avaliable below.
    The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

In true Kiwibiker tradition, we urge bikers from the Waikato/BOP/ King Country and everywhere in between and beyond to get in and show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

:Fatt Max will donate a couple of 'Blooze Yeah' albums as spot prizes.

:Bank account for donations if you cant attend the ride - Use CHCH Quake as the reference please and add you online name.

M G James
    010414-0050681-00
    Bank is ANZ

You can register here.....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...011-3-19&c=all
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March) started by Maha View original post
    Comments 139 Comments
      RiderInBlack -
      Off Wellington: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Wgtn) (Sat 19 March)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      This is a beauty!

Just think it should be on here too
      Fatt Max -
      Just reading through the posts and looking at the pictures. Great day and a fantastic effort.

Well done Maha for putting this ride together, same to leaders and tecs, the collectors and everyone involved.

Maaaaaasive respect to the riders from all over once again showing that bikers are kind and generous souls. What all of you did on Saturday WILL make a hige difference to peoples lives, thank you for what you did people.

I would have loved to have been there but personally was having a well earned camoping break with the family, had a blast. I did want to see what poor bastards git stuck with the Fatt Max CD's. They make great coasters anyways...

Congratulations again all, fecking well done.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Just reading through the posts and looking at the pictures. Great day and a fantastic effort.

Well done Maha for putting this ride together, same to leaders and tecs, the collectors and everyone involved.

Maaaaaasive respect to the riders from all over once again showing that bikers are kind and generous souls. What all of you did on Saturday WILL make a hige difference to peoples lives, thank you for what you did people.

I would have loved to have been there but personally was having a well earned camoping break with the family, had a blast. I did want to see what poor bastards git stuck with the Fatt Max CD's. They make great coasters anyways...

Congratulations again all, fecking well done.
      Cheers Mark, It was good to get help at the Sliverdale off/on ramp by the HP and from there it went really well to be honest. The four lead bikes got away later than the other 53 lead bikes. Bit of catching up to do at the start. Several went on a got to the front (RIB/Colonel and Karl) while two of us sat back and slowed the rest of pack down.
      I said at the ride brief that we would head out in ten minutes.
      Then a cop said ''so ten minutes''?
      Yip, ten minutes, and by the time I got back to bike the cops had the bikes heading out the door. Then just as we were about the leave the Sky News Chick shoved a mic under my helmet.. all good in the end.
      The videos prove what blast it was.
      I managed to slip the CD's into a couple of bike bags while walking to the ride brief.
      Both Honda's so they will love em'.
      Pressure was on in the last 20 minutes, we just called for everyone to gather for the ride brief. The megaphone wouldn't work, Sky News chick rang three times, patch lady wanted me to announce for her, as did recovery guy, other people were asking questions...I find it hard to retain details at a moments notice so had the people concerned on the hill with me...easy that wy.
      Really truely had an awesome day.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Cheers Mark, It was good to get help at the Sliverdale off/on ramp by the HP and from there it went really well to be honest. The four lead bikes got away later than the other 53 lead bikes. Bit of catching up to do at the start. Several went on a got to the front (RIB/Colonel and Karl) while two of us sat back and slowed the rest of pack down.
      I said at the ride brief that we would head out in ten minutes.
      Then a cop said ''so ten minutes''?
      Yip, ten minutes, and by the time I got back to bike the cops had the bikes heading out the door. Then just as we were about the leave the Sky News Chick shoved a mic under my helmet.. all good in the end.
      The videos prove what blast it was.
      I managed to slip the CD's into a couple of bike bags while walking to the ride brief.
      Both Honda's so they will love em'.
      Pressure was on in the last 20 minutes, we just called for everyone to gather for the ride brief. The megaphone wouldn't work, Sky News chick rang three times, patch lady wanted me to announce for her, as did recovery guy, other people were asking questions...I find it hard to retain details at a moments notice so had the people concerned on the hill with me...easy that wy.
      Really truely had an awesome day.
      Saw that great vid that BD put together with all the comments and inteviews. you looked and sounded like a victorious coach after winning the world cup, brilliant.

All up it is a great success mate, and its down to your vision and organisation once again. Thanks for making that happen.

Nice to go on rides like that, eh....
      PrincessBandit -
      Have you seen the video of today?
      Check yourself out at 5:04....
      Hahaha, my backside was getting sore! Thought there was plenty of padding but still not enough it would seem... have to work my way through a few more pies perhaps.
      muffin -
      Wicked stuff team. Mark well done mate for making this happen. I spoke to all my biker mates, family and friends in chch yesterday and they were very humbled (many cryed, even my big fat biker mate, Reg) by the fact that so may of us gave a dam about the shit they are in. When I see what we were part of on sat it really does restore my faith in humanity. As a cantab it was a honour to lead the charge with you Mark and to fly the crusader flags from the back of my truimph on behalf of my new home, northland. Again, well done guyz huge effort, Muffin.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by muffin View Post
      Wicked stuff team. Mark well done mate for making this happen. I spoke to all my biker mates, family and friends in chch yesterday and they were very humbled (many cryed, even my big fat biker mate, Reg) by the fact that so may of us gave a dam about the shit they are in. When I see what we were part of on sat it really does restore my faith in humanity. As a cantab it was a honour to lead the charge with you Mark and to fly the crusader flags from the back of my truimph on behalf of my new home, northland. Again, well done guyz huge effort, Muffin.
      All good Karl, can you perhaps link the video's to your mates somehow?
      Im sure they will enjoy watching them, I have seen them both countlesss times already.
      I keep seeing something new each viewing.
      Pleasure to have you along mate, anytime...and to be at the front must have been a bonus?
      muffin -
      Shit yea it was a blast. Acouple of unexpected wind gusts made things abit hairy from time to time. One in particular heading up the bridge when I was looking in my rear view at the bikes. It woz out there, never seen a site quite like it b4. Close to a memory of the "isle of man" in the 80z, on crazy sunday, except this run had no spills thank god. I have been telling the fellas to look on u tube, is that where the vids are to look at ?
      Laava -
      look at post 155 further up the page
      muffin -
      awesome cheerz
      Toaster -
      Great event, good to see so many being generous with their time and money to help our fellow Kiwi's in Christchurch.

Just gutted someone knocked my helmet of its (stable) position on my bike breaking an $800 helmet. Had to turn around after it started falling to bits on the motorway and go home early.

On the bright side.... time for a new helmet I guess. Just a rather expensive day.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
      Great event, good to see so many being generous with their time and money to help our fellow Kiwi's in Christchurch.

Just gutted someone knocked my helmet of its (stable) position on my bike breaking an $800 helmet. Had to turn around after it started falling to bits on the motorway and go home early.

On the bright side.... time for a new helmet I guess. Just a rather expensive day.
      Fuck thats the shits Cam, didnt see you there, I asked Anne if she saw you.
      Toaster -
      Fuck thats the shits Cam, didnt see you there, I asked Anne if she saw you.
      I would have loved to catch up mate... was out polishing the bike beforehand too. Hey, no matter, a small loss compared to what others lost in CHCH. I am just pleased to see so many turn up and get stuck in. It would give me warm fuzzies if I actually had feelings
      AliJax -
      Well done, I had the pleasure of seeing you all on our approach to Silverdale North Bound - heading to Waiwera with the Family.
      Maha -
      ...and the money keeps coming in.
      I have the Wellington money..Thanks Iain.
      That will be transferred today into the account along with the Auckland money.
      Plus a couple more donations have come in.

The total so far is $5337.
      We have an emial from James Partridge (Salvation Army) in response to what we did on Saturday.

''The result on the weekend was amazing, and just shows how strong New
      Zealand is as a family and how we have come together in this time of
      crisis.

Thanks again for all you have done. If you have any photos from the event
      you like to send through, we are going to acknowledge all the events that
      have happened around the country on our website (when things calm down a
      bit) and if possible put photos up''.

May have to send through a video or two.
      disorderly -
      had a great day, here's a couple pic of my old girl ( above post )..... trusty ol VTR1000, grass was a bit soft but found the only man hole cover to put my side stand on sweet!!!! was nice to chat to a few of you, great to see so many bikes and all for a great cause well done makes ya proud to be a kiwi!!!!
      ps first time ive put any pics up just gettin my head around how to do it
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
      had a great day, here's a couple pic of my old girl ( above post )..... trusty ol VTR1000, grass was a bit soft but found the only man hole cover to put my side stand on sweet!!!! was nice to chat to a few of you, great to see so many bikes and all for a great cause well done makes ya proud to be a kiwi!!!!
      ps first time ive put any pics up just gettin my head around how to do it
      I carry a jar lid for that very purpose, you can buy a disc made for the job but why? when you have something that will do the same job in your pantry.
      Fatt Max -
      I carry a jar lid for that very purpose, you can buy a disc made for the job but why? when you have something that will do the same job in your pantry.
      What a fucking legendary idea.....hang on, we know who you are really.....

you must be.......

Attachment 235094