• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Today, 09:10 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: pete376403 Today, 13:50 Go to last post
  • Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March)

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

DATE: Saturday March 19th.
    LEAVE TIME: 10:30am from Dairy Flat BP on the Northern Motorway.
    ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am at the Muddy Waters Tavern in Mercer
    DONATION: $10 per Bike

With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own.
    There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever.
    A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
    All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
    Donations to made on the day but if you cant make it or would prefer, a bank account number is avaliable below.
    The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

In true Kiwibiker tradition, we urge bikers from the Waikato/BOP/ King Country and everywhere in between and beyond to get in and show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

:Fatt Max will donate a couple of 'Blooze Yeah' albums as spot prizes.

:Bank account for donations if you cant attend the ride - Use CHCH Quake as the reference please and add you online name.

M G James
    010414-0050681-00
    Bank is ANZ

You can register here.....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...011-3-19&c=all
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March) started by Maha View original post
    Comments 139 Comments
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      Asked at work and seems I may be in charge of a couple of Crusaders flags for the day
      Top effort!
      blackdog -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Red and Black will be the colour of the day.
      Flags/Ribbons whatever you want.
      love it! will cut n' paste to welly thread
      Maha -
      All Auckland Bike shops and Clubs (on our list) have been emailed the flyer and details. All Media (on our list) have been notified also.
      A message has also been sent to one of the organisers of the Westpac Helicpoter ride to see if they could announce this event at the conclusion of thier ride tomorrow.
      Cant thank Big Dave for his time and effort so far....
      blackdog -
      All Auckland Bike shops and Clubs (on our list) have been emailed the flyer and details. All Media (on our list) have been notified also.
      A message has also been sent to one of the organisers of the Westpac Helicpoter ride to see if they could announce this event at the conclusion of thier ride tomorrow.
      Cant thank Big Dave for his time and effort so far....
      Can't thank you enough either bro. Huge ups from us wellyites to both you and BD.

(my poor old inkjet hasn't stopped all day today)
      Maha -
      Post #2 now has the Ride Rules.
      It spells out how I want the ride to go.
      We got 360 bikes around the Auckland Motorway and into the Domain in 09' using a similar system.
      I will read the main points out on the day.
      Motorcycle Recovery -
      Hi guys,

I'll be there to support you on the day and I'd like to donate my services as a"tail end charlie".
      If anyone has any issues, I'll happily take them to the end of the route at no cost.
      From there I can negotiate to take them home if needed. Unfortunately I won't be able to cater for the Can Ams or trikes on this one. Contact me on 0211569448 in regards to the ride.

Cheers Kevin
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Recovery View Post
      Hi guys,

I'll be there to support you on the day and I'd like to donate my services as a"tail end charlie".
      If anyone has any issues, I'll happily take them to the end of the route at no cost.
      From there I can negotiate to take them home if needed. Unfortunately I won't be able to cater for the Can Ams or trikes on this one. Contact me on 0211569448 in regards to the ride.

Cheers Kevin
      The job is yours Kevin.
      Maha -
      The lovely Lady's from WIMA will be at both the start and the finish collecting the donations.
      They will be wearing thier PINK vests so they'll be easily spotted.
      Just give your money to any of the collectors and they will hand it over to the counters, thank you.
      And thank you WIMA.
      crazyhorse -
      Post #2 now has the Ride Rules.
      It spells out how I want the ride to go.
      We got 360 bikes around the Auckland Motorway and into the Domain in 09' using a similar system.
      I will read the main points out on the day.
      Hi Maha

Just wondered how the ride went, and how much was raised through this event
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
      Hi Maha

Just wondered how the ride went, and how much was raised through this event
      I will let you know after the ride next Saturday being the 19th...
      crazyhorse -
      I will let you know after the ride next Saturday being the 19th...
      yikes..... thought it was this weekend
      NZIntruder -
      Ok.
      Summary for Saturday 19th Hamilton ride.
      Assemble at the Cock and Bull, Te Rapa, they will be open from 9-30am for Tea, Coffee, cakes and biscuts, toilets etc.
      Rider briefing at 10-20am, ride leaving 10-30am.
      Looks like we will have traffic assistance (boyz in blue) to enable everyone to get onto SH1 and also for travelling through Huntly.
      Arrive at Muddy Waters, Mercer, hopefully around 11-20am - 11-30am all going well.
      Mom -
      This just got serious I have challenged the Waikato lot to outdo us on the red and black status. Cant be beaten you lot, so get planning and developing your red and black awesomeness
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      This just got serious I have challenged the Waikato lot to outdo us on the red and black status. Cant be beaten you lot, so get planning and developing your red and black awesomeness
      Hmmmm.....lets see what I can do then. Will have to keep it all secret so that Waikato lot dont get any ideas
      Mom -
      Hmmmm.....lets see what I can do then. Will have to keep it all secret so that Waikato lot dont get any ideas
      HI FIVE!
      Fatt Max -
      Love it.....!!!
      wysper -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      You are in big trouble Mom.
      I have got a great idea!! (or two).

Mwahahahahahahahhahahah

....course may never live it down.....

Oh, and feel free to discuss your ideas here, we aren't reading this thread at all.
      Maha -
      They wont come up wearing RED/BLACK Tutu's will they?.....
      Surely not...
      NZIntruder -
      They wont come up wearing RED/BLACK Tutu's will they?.....
      Surely not...
      Buggar, back to the drawing board..........................
      MadDuck -
      I was actually thinking Red and Black bikini........

HA! Imagine the ATGATT brigade!