View RSS Feed

rustic101

2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7

Rate this Entry

Well last week a guy at work mentioned he wanted an 'as new' original tail section to replace the tail tidy on his GSF1250... It just happened that I was looking for a tail tidy for my GSF650.

Long story short we paired the bikes up in the work garage at lunch time, with rulers and sharp eyes we measured and compared the bikes. A as fate would have it there are no physical components that are different including the frame and sub structure that would have impacted on the swap over.

As a result I rocked round to his house on Saturday and again we put the bikes side by side and began to strip them down and reassemble the parts from one to the other and vice a versa. The 1250 has an ABS unit and Scot Oiler which created a tight working space but the internal parts just bolted straight in. Four hours later after some soldering of tail light and indicator wires the two bikes were back in one piece and looking stunning.

Stepping back it was amazing how great my we baby looked with a sleek new sexy tail section and how pleasantly strange and natural the 1250 looked with an original rear ‘mud guard’ and tail section.

Now if I can only figure out if his engine will bolt straight in lol.

Even with the Givi PLX Monokey frames and top box rack on the rear end (IMO) it is extremely sleek. I’ll get off my chuff this weekend and take some pictures. Sam

Submit "2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7" to Digg Submit "2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7" to del.icio.us Submit "2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7" to StumbleUpon Submit "2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7" to Google Submit "2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7" to reddit Submit "2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7" to Facebook

Comments

Get the pictures before he comes back and reminds himself that sleek is better than big and chunky.