View RSS Feed

KiwiPhoenix

My road report....Wed Night Ride

Rate this Entry
So as you all know I picked up the new bike on Wednesday night, just in time for the Wed night ride. I wasn't planning on going along on the ride, I was more than content to see everyone off and pottle on home, but it wasn't meant to be. Another biker chick thought it would be great for the two of us to head through the tunnel and follow the bay road round to the Wheatsheaf. Cool, nice slow ride. The sun did manage to catch me on a couple of occassions but I coped pretty well considering.

We arrived at the pub about 15mins before the rest of the rabble and I have to say the look on their faces when they saw me sitting there was priceless. They didn't realise that I had come on the ride!! So the next thing for me was coming home in the dark. Thankfully one of the bikers stays about 5mins for my house so followed him home. We came back through the Gebbies Pass (a journey that I had done the Sat before, going the other way, when I took the bike for the test ride) then through Tai Tapu and home. Felt ok in some bits and alittle nervous in others but in the whole felt very proud of myself!

So, on to the next trip.....

Submit "My road report....Wed Night Ride" to Digg Submit "My road report....Wed Night Ride" to del.icio.us Submit "My road report....Wed Night Ride" to StumbleUpon Submit "My road report....Wed Night Ride" to Google Submit "My road report....Wed Night Ride" to reddit Submit "My road report....Wed Night Ride" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments