View RSS Feed

The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes

Last points round 2009

Rate this Entry
I had a mixed day. I wanted to go out, go hard and fall off today, and as much as my friend Mudflaps tried to help me out with that by ramming into my exhaust, sadly I didn't even know he'd hit me until my footpeg went floppy and I looked over my sholder to see Dave splattered on the track. So after the boys took pity on me and built me a new footrest out of wire and cable ties (in true bucket style) I was back out on the track.
Alas Rangi was sulking at being used as a rudder and started playing up. Sketchy took him for a ride and diagnoised it as a coil issue. Unfortunately for him his bike had already spat the dummy so we decided to rape and pilage. So between races I got the new coil in and back onto the track. Still managed last but Rangi was running a bit better. Sketchy took him out for a race in A grade and then I went out again. Stalled on the starting line and couldn't get him started again, so missed most of the practice race. Same happened in the last points race also and I thought I'd have to sit out a points race for the first time this year. However as I was pushing Rangi back to the pits I stopped and turned around in time to see carnage at the far end of the track and the red flag out. (Poor Skunk's bad luck was my good fortune!) "Ow ow!!" I thought and managed to get Rangi started again and out we went to start the last race. Had to keep the revs up to stop from stalling but we started and finished. Poor sick Rangi! Some work to be done to make the poor little sick Maori feel better, but he's a tough little two smoker and he'll be back!!
Anyway, I still had fun and enjoyed the day in the sun!

Submit "Last points round 2009" to Digg Submit "Last points round 2009" to del.icio.us Submit "Last points round 2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "Last points round 2009" to Google Submit "Last points round 2009" to reddit Submit "Last points round 2009" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments