View RSS Feed

KiwiPhoenix

6R - Passed

Rate this Entry
I passed my restricted test today!! Go me!!

So continuing on with my journal I'll do a write up on the test.

I booked my test last week and done the usual eyetest, photo and signature on that day and was given a piece of paper with the date and time. When I came out I looked skyward and prayed that the weather played ball! Oh, how wrong was I that anyone was listening.

So fast forward to today, woke and it was cloudy, thought yes, I can cope with this as long as it doesn't rain. I tried to entertain myself by setting up our broadband connection (got the modem delivered this morning) man, broadband is awesome!

So come 1145 I decided to go and get some lunch and try and settle the nerves. Lunch done, I headed to the test centre (AA Riccarton) and arrived there at 1225pm, my test appt was 115pm, so alittle early! I thought it would be a good idea to go for a ride but given that it was raining, I thought nah, I'll sit and wait in the dry! I know not being very biker like, but when you feel like you want to throw up, well you get the idea.

I sat there and waited, trying not to be sick. At 1245 the examiner guy (was actually not as scary as I thought) he took a look at me and said "restricted motorbike" I nodded and he said "be back in 20 mins" I felt some what relieved that he was a nice guy! Still felt extremely nervous...

So 115pm rolls by and he comes out again with his clipboard and an intercom. We done the usual sign the paperwork, quick test of the intercom and then out we got to check the bike.

After checking over the bike it was time to go, we done the usual stuff you do during the test, turn left, turn right, straight ahead, do a u-turn then back to the centre.

Got off the bike, took the helmet off and sighed, hopefully it was enough to pass!

As it turned out he was rather impressed with my riding and the confidence. Just to watch my lines but other than that he was giving me a restricted licence, so I now have the lovely paper licence and my L plate is mow gathering dust on the kitchen table!

So onwards and upwards to the full....

Submit "6R - Passed" to Digg Submit "6R - Passed" to del.icio.us Submit "6R - Passed" to StumbleUpon Submit "6R - Passed" to Google Submit "6R - Passed" to reddit Submit "6R - Passed" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well done, I remember when I did it I was buzzing!
    Congratulations!
    All that wasted energy eh? Thats how i feel about the basic handling
    Well done that girl
    how did you find the route? i will probably be sitting mine from the riccarton aa. now you can go 100 for the 1st time!
    Heh - looked confident! I should hope so, you'd never have lived it down if not! (Or otherwise half the WNR would have turned up early with you the next time around to give you a last minute drill in the carpark if you hadn't have aced it.)

Belated congrats, anyway - you'll have to photoshop your pic now to get rid of the dreaded yellow square.
    As sad as it sounds I was shitting bricks when i did my basic handling skills! You cant beat the relief you get from that one little piece of paper!