View RSS Feed

jafar

I love you mum

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
Thank you everyone, your responses here & the text messages I have received have been fantastic, today has been a hard one.
Mum is now in the funeral home & I will be visiting her tomorrow. My brother & I have been to the funeral directors & they have been great so far. They are the same funeral directors that organized Junior's funeral so am feeling comfortable with their abilities.( Junior was a mate that died in a bike V truck crash earlier this year. R.I.P mate) & they did an exceptional job with that.
Cleaning out mums stuff from the rest home was hard, I kept expecting to see her come round the corner .The realization that she is not here anymore is sinking in.
The kids have been great, they have been helping throughout the day & we have laughed & cried all day. Memories keep coming up & we will be into another session of laughing & crying, without them here this would be so much harder that it already is.
Yesterday was my youngest daughters 19th birthday, her special day has been completely screwed up by the death of my Mum, her plans for the weekend away have also been dashed by the funeral's timing. She has taken it all very well really, she has non refundable tickets to something & will miss most of it. Her boyfriend is also staying behind with her & will miss out as well. Two exceptional young people that I'm proud to know.

Submit "I love you mum" to Digg Submit "I love you mum" to del.icio.us Submit "I love you mum" to StumbleUpon Submit "I love you mum" to Google Submit "I love you mum" to reddit Submit "I love you mum" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments