View RSS Feed

KiwiPhoenix

6F done and passed!

Rate this Entry
So I finally got my ass into gear a couple of weeks ago and booked my 6F. The waiting game started and today I turned up to sit it!

Like most tests, I was extremely nervous and the weather wasn't making it any easier!

Woke up this morning, looked out the window, it was wet. No rain at that point, I could cope with that. So after dropping of the daughter at preschool, I jumped on the bike and headed to the test centre. That's when the nerves really kicked in.

It had started to rain and with my wee wobble yesterday I was taking it easy. Got to the test centre with 15 mins to spare, which is just as well as the tester shouted out my name as I walked in the door. He introduced himself and headed out to check the bike. With that all done it was time to proceed.

Jumped on the bike and done the first bit of the test, no problems and after the first corner I settled down and got on with the job at hand. The rain was off and on so made the riding conditions interesting! So coupled with the traffic my speed was well down.

He took me round the streets in Riccarton and upon turning a corner I hit a wet manhole cover and the bike slipped (thankfully after yesterdays wobble, I felt confident) We stopped and done the u-turn and hazard detection bit. Downside was at the time of doing the hazard detection there was no-one about except a couple of seagulls! So used that! He laughed and asked if there had been any hazards to the rear, I said that he could be a potential hazard and was rather pleased that I used that as an answer, not many people do apparently. So done that and it was time to move on.

Up to the 80km speed limit and with the weather getting worse, it was raining hard and I was getting cold so when asked to another u-turn I felt that I cocked it up, ended up in the hard shoulder after doing the u-turn, so had it in my head that there was no way I was passing the test. We travelled back to the test centre and I have to say I was feeling cold, wet and miserable.

Upon reaching the test centre, I got off the bike and told myself off for the u-turn but would have to wait for the testers result. He got out the car and told me it was time to go and get my licence. The smile on my face must have said it all!

So I walked out with a huge smile and a paper licence once again thinking about the organising I would have to do over the next week to get prepared for the Brass Monkey rally.

Submit "6F done and passed!" to Digg Submit "6F done and passed!" to del.icio.us Submit "6F done and passed!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6F done and passed!" to Google Submit "6F done and passed!" to reddit Submit "6F done and passed!" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

well done !
    Proud of ya ... well done ..