View RSS Feed

The Singing Chef

The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled..

Rate this Entry
It's been over a year now that i threw my leg over my ZZR and went off happily into the inner city traffic that Auckland has to offer. I look back with a smile, admiring how far I have come and what I have learnt along the way. I remember when nearly everyday i would be bitching about some car driver cutting me off or doing something stupid and nearly killing me etc.. and it's dawned on me that it hasn't happened in a long, long time, I have learnt to be aware of the situations around me and anticipate the moves of others, whistle placing myself in the optimum distance between me and those big lumps of metal and stupidity.

I remember how i used to take corners and scare the shit out of myself when i wasn't prepared for one, now i fly through those same corners and the unknown ones (though not so much flying through those ones luckily) and learning about setting myself up with set's and touch points and turn in points etc..

I have learnt valuable slow speed handling and emergency braking skills, and every week i went along to the classes with a bunch of cones and experienced riders. And then being able to help newer riders with their techniques and watch them grow, or crash if they didn't want to listen..

I have done a ART day, and have signed up for another one in a wekk, with my new track bike, the mighty SV650 which will be another learning curve.

I have had wheels sliding out on me through corners, crashed a few times (or more), had a fair few close calls, and any number of things happen to me but i have gladly learnt from my mistakes and moved on and I look forward to the next many long years of biking to come.

Submit "The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled.." to Digg Submit "The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled.." to del.icio.us Submit "The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled.." to StumbleUpon Submit "The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled.." to Google Submit "The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled.." to reddit Submit "The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled.." to Facebook

Comments

Good on you Dude !!!
    Cheers
    A new Mr Miyagi is born Wax on, wax off dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Red39
    A new Mr Miyagi is born Wax on, wax off dude
    I have yet to master catching a fly with chopsticks...can't even do it with fly spray
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Chef
    I have yet to master catching a fly with chopsticks...can't even do it with fly spray
    Use your tongue.....less chemicals than fly spray