View RSS Feed

Hopeful Bastard

Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!

Rate this Entry
Well... Where to start!?

This morning i woke up and looked out the window. WOW! was all i could say. Clear day, Not a cloud in view.

So got the washing done and put out and then put parts back onto the bike (Had them off painting them) Then decided it was a day for a ride.

Got all my gear on, Bike started and looked down at the instrument panel. Petrol read E.. FACK! That was full this morning... WTF is going on here. Turns out it was only the plug that had come loose. So i connected it back together.

Left Lower Hutt at 12:30. Destination: Levin.

Full tank of gas, Away I go. Pretty interesting ride up via SH1 as this was my first trip for a year! Few sports bike and a few thumpers heading in the opposite direction.. Here i am wondering why they aint riding Paekak Hill..

Anyway, Continue my ride.

Get to Levin only to find out my Destination Target wasn't home! Bugger. Oh well, Plan B. NANA'S! Pull up at her place and jump off. Get my biscuit cake and Jelly Beans and off i head, Yet again!

Head over to XP@ to catch up with him. Have a coffee and he shows me some vids of the RNGC2011. Was a tad wet for the poor buggers this year...

Finish there and decide to see if my first Destination Target was home.
YES!
So stop at Dads and talk shit with him. Show him my new paintwork i done on the bike then start the trip back home.

As usual, Another boring trip on SH1. Stuff this. Paekakariki Hill Road says I.
Turn off and head up the road. LOADS of people out and about today. ALL of them being courteous to me and allowing me to pass them up the hill!
Stop at the top and here is a Paraglider doing his thing. Also at the top were 3 other bikers and still LOADS of people all watching this guy do his thing. Grab a few pics and i'm off again.

Getting along quite happily and spot a headlight in my rearview. Not that i can see it very well what with my body taking up most the mirror space and the mirrors vibrating like the energiser bunny (or you partners - You know... )

So continue riding my own ride, which has been drilled into me over and over again. Get half way down the hill and for some reason, I stop riding my own ride.. Tried out-riding myself.
Corner came up faster than i expected. Foot finds rear brake. Ass end starts sliding everywhere (well, It bloody felt like it) I target fix.
Then it come back to me.. "Remember what they said, Look where you wanna go". So I look up, release all brakes and hold on tight for the corner.

Shit. Made it round. Shook my head as i rode along. I knew my mistake. I out-rode myself. And i locked up. Death Grip. Panicked.
Thanks to this, I slowed down a tad and went back to my own ride.

I am now home and in 1 piece. Was a very INTERESTING 1st day out for me. Lets just hope I dont make this mistake anymore. Although, Im still learning. So we will see what happens.

- Adrian.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-13 16.54.22.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	250531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-13 16.54.40.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	427.0 KB 
ID:	250532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-13 16.54.50.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	250533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-13 16.55.04.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	370.0 KB 
ID:	250534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-13 16.55.16.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	273.0 KB 
ID:	250535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-13 16.54.17.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	250536  

Submit "Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!" to Digg Submit "Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!" to Google Submit "Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!" to reddit Submit "Hopeful Bastards first day out in a year!" to Facebook

Comments