View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

The Dreaded Go Pro

Rate this Entry
When I checked the weather for this weekend early in the week, it was supposed to utter crap, so I was preparing myself to get plenty of indoorsy projects done....but the best laid plans of mice and men!! ...I got lots of outdoorsy stuff done instead.

Of course, along with getting some backed up jobs done, I got the associated rewards of a couple of short rides....and these in turn were jobs within themselves as I needed to do some more experimentation with how to get the best setup on the Go Pro mount. I've been using a suction cup mount on the fairing and trying to get the camera further dorward to minimise how much bike is in the frame. To get usable footage, I've also decided to capture the nicer riding roads with in the Wellington area.

Saturday I decided a short squirt out to Makara and back was in order. The really short ride was nice ...and it was usuful to identify more Go Pro issues.

Today was more jobs ...and more rewards and as the footage from yesterday wasn't complete, I revisited Makara, followed by Wrights hill, then onto the motorway and out to Mana to take Greys Rd over to the Paekak' Hill. I encountered a little precipitation as I neared the summit, so that put a damper on things...and made me slow a little to avoid the tar snakes, but I rode down to SH1, then retraced my steps back to Pauatahanui and on to Silverstream and up the Blue Mountains Rd.

Unfortuantely the battery died on the way up Blue Mountains Rd so after that visited Steve (but he wasn't home) then returned home as it was looking a little murky on the Rimutakas and I had more things to do at home.

Having reviewed the video footage, as suspected, the mount does vibrate a bit at highway speeds so I need to look further at alternatives. There's plenty of accessories available for Go Pros, (at a price) but not many places to attach stuff on an ST though, so more money will have to be spent and more experimentation will be required....Damn!!....that means more test rides too!

The attached pic was testing what the view would possibly be like if I use a chest harness...not great I'm afraid. I've yet to edit and upload the vid results too...but I'll get around to that.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0093 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	639.0 KB 
ID:	285833  

Submit "The Dreaded Go Pro" to Digg Submit "The Dreaded Go Pro" to del.icio.us Submit "The Dreaded Go Pro" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Dreaded Go Pro" to Google Submit "The Dreaded Go Pro" to reddit Submit "The Dreaded Go Pro" to Facebook

Comments

power director has great ways to edit out the camera shake
    How much does your screen vibrate: http://www.ramsolutions.co.nz/lifest...eld-clamp-base

I got one of these on the DL but you may not get high enough to clear your dash...