View RSS Feed

Stink Racing

It runs

Rate this Entry
Successful day testing the ZXRD400 at Manfeild yesterday. I pushed it up pit lane a lot which lead people to believe I had problems but I was doing plug chops and it didn't roll far enough.
It sorta, almost, nearly nipped once as it wasn't right when running off the main. Stopped once due to an electrical fault that cut power to the Ignitech. Had so help sorting that so it didn't happen again.
We ended up changing main jets, pilot jets (thanks Murray Cross for going home and getting a selection) and adjusting the air screw. Moved the needles down and up again. The day ended when the stinger parted company with the chamber. Never got to play with the ignition curve so there is more to be had.
Rear shock needs replacing (got one ready), and it needs some front brakes... Lever pressure is good but the stopping power isn't there.
Overall a great day!
Thanks to all those that gave advice and got their hands dirty - Brent Watson, Scott Griffiths, Murray Cross, Bernard Harnett and others.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	885227_10153376255295441_1073067396_o.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	288520  

Submit "It runs" to Digg Submit "It runs" to del.icio.us Submit "It runs" to StumbleUpon Submit "It runs" to Google Submit "It runs" to reddit Submit "It runs" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments