View RSS Feed

Steelhorse

Rides from the middle of nowhere

Rate this Entry
We have recently moved to the Pureora Forest park and last weekend got the last of the holes in my 1986 GPZ600 petrol tank fixed so went for a ride to get some milk. 160kms later I was in a great mood that set me up all week. I headed off to Mangkino, aimed for Te Awamutu saw a sign post for Otorahonga. This took me to a T intersection so I choose to go to Ngaroma 'cause I had never been there. The ride from Mango to te Awamutu is really scenic and a good ride the turn off to Oto is still a good ride but going from the Ngaroma back to Mango is just fantastic. This day it was empty and hot, mix of blind corners and being able to see a line of corners ahead, reasonably good seal, a very narrow back country road with th longest straight being about 500m. I had a ball staying up about 6 grand and really worked the edges of the tyres. It was not a taxing ride but just heaps of fun. Next weekend I am off to do it in reverse. I hope to list more king country and volcanic platue rides as I find them. And next time with road names too.

Submit "Rides from the middle of nowhere" to Digg Submit "Rides from the middle of nowhere" to del.icio.us Submit "Rides from the middle of nowhere" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rides from the middle of nowhere" to Google Submit "Rides from the middle of nowhere" to reddit Submit "Rides from the middle of nowhere" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized