View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

Snakes Are Cool Man!

Rate this Entry
It's been awhile since I blogged about my mate Jake and his sisters Eleni-Mei and Sienna. I guess that's because they live in Canada now, so they don't tend to 'swing past' the office anymore and it's a bit of haul and much organising required if we were to do the the baby-sitting thing...so bottom line, we haven't seen them for two years!

However, two things transpired to bring the Chueys back to EnZed, their Uncle Joe got married this weekend and the Wellington 7's bought the Canada team (and their dad) over, so last week Ann and I got to spend some time with our mates again.

Now two years is quite a spell so the lolly drawer has long been empty and I copped it from our other office dwellers when they found out I hadn't replenished the supplies for the impending visit and the kids had to be satisfied with chocolate biscuits. Personally I don't know what the others were on about because the little people didn't seem to mind, but anyway, feeling suitably chastised, I paid a visit across the road when Ann took our visitors to pick up dinner at Burger Kings. I grabbed a packet of kingsize snakes then went home on the bike with a plan!

I put the bag in my jacket pocket and thought it was odd when I got home and noboddy thought it was odd that I sat down to dinner with my big thick bulky cordura jacket on??!! Good oh, all going to plan as we woofed down the burgers and chips and were about start on the soft freeze deserts when I steered the conversation in the direction I wanted it.

KoroJ: What kind of pets do people have in Canada?

Jake: Cats 'n dogs, the ususal!

KoroJ: Ohh yeah. Do you have any?

Jake: Nah!

KoroJ: Oohh. What else do you have in Canada? Do you have snakes?

Jake: Nah!

KoroJ: Do y0u like snakes?

Jake: Quick as a flash, “Yep” (already knew that 'cos he was part of the show and holding them on a Gold Coast trip).
Eleni & Sienna: Nah! (disinterestedly and more focused on their deserts)

KoroJ: Oh!....(reaching for his pocket)...that's a pity, I guess Jake and I will have to eat them all then!

Jake: Eye's popping and huge grin emerges.
Eleni & Sienna: Eye-popping-jaw-dropping attention grabbing surprize and disappointment as awareness of what just transpired dawns on them and results in scowls!!

KoroJ: Oh well, (as he opens the packet), lucky it looks like there's a few spares! (as he smirks and looks relieived to be able to take off the jacket).

Yess!! I haven't lost it!....and we've just had a great weekend in Nelson for Joe & Anna's wedding.

On the biking front, it's a bit sad to be into Feb'ary and just getting the 1st blog out, but that's not to say I haven't been riding!....just not riding very far!

Since Christmas, I've spent a fair bit of time prepping for the upcoming TT2000. We now have four riders in our group and I've now fine tuned the route, removing any gravel in favour of longer, faster roads to get the Km's up, refined our estimatecd travel times and selected potential Checkpoints to drop based on a points-per-Km as well as a points-per-minute basis....so we're all set to go there.

The other thing that's been happening is that XP@ started a Facebook group called the Capital Coast Coneheads and we are now have regular Wednesday evening Slow Riding / Gymkhana sessions and another group called the NZ Distance Riders has formed to resurrect a North Island 1600Km ride...so I've been busy, but just not actually doing much riding!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01 0001.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	293185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG-217.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	293186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG-218.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	293187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG-223.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	365.4 KB 
ID:	293188  

Submit "Snakes Are Cool Man!" to Digg Submit "Snakes Are Cool Man!" to del.icio.us Submit "Snakes Are Cool Man!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Snakes Are Cool Man!" to Google Submit "Snakes Are Cool Man!" to reddit Submit "Snakes Are Cool Man!" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments

Cool story, kids are so gullible
    Nice pics of the bike too, that is a lot of lean for a big machine!