View RSS Feed

Cool - me own blog!

Kapa Haka in Vancouver

Rate this Entry
I'm in Vancouver at the mo and I shot down to breakfast the other morning to the musical sound of kiwis talking at the next table. I stopped and said hi got talking and they're the Air NZ Kapa Haka team here in town for a couple of things - including the send off of the flight I'm on tonight back to Auckland.

Man - if anyone in here works for Air NZ say thanks to them. It is SO nice to hear and meet people from home while on the road, and to be given a full Maori send off tonight... damn - I'm just fizzing about it. It's funny... while in NZ it's part of the scenery and Kapa Haka's something you show to tourists, but even though I have zero Maori blood in me... I'll be walking tall getting on that plane tonight. Sitting here smiling just thinking about it

Submit "Kapa Haka in Vancouver" to Digg Submit "Kapa Haka in Vancouver" to del.icio.us Submit "Kapa Haka in Vancouver" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kapa Haka in Vancouver" to Google Submit "Kapa Haka in Vancouver" to reddit Submit "Kapa Haka in Vancouver" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments