View RSS Feed

Cool - me own blog!

Dislocated crunchy snot

Rate this Entry
That sums up my second leg. I've just spent an additional 14 hours on a plane (following on from the original 10, and a 7 hour layover in Singapore) and to be honest - I feel just "dislocated".

My body has no idea what time it is, according to one clock it is currently 7:25 in the morning (NZT), I came via Singapore and stopped there long enough to marvel at the wonders of a 7 eleven store selling all manner of Asian American goods (Twinkies - remember those?), but I stopped there for 7 hours so I ate lunch when I should have Singapore time, then proceeded to get into a mostly empty plane bound for gay Paris!

It's night out there, and I've got that morning after a large party feeling. Time means absolutely nothing. Very strange but I know I'm in no fit state to operate heavy machinery (rules out the RF...!)

And the other joy of long haul travel for me. Travel snot. Crispy crunchy nasal mucus, dehydrated from the constant air conditioning. It's so dry it has those sharp edges and won't release from the walls of your nose except under extreme force. This translates to a blocked nose that either does nothing when you blow it, or the snot chips ricochet around the wee toilet cubicle at (only just) subsonic speeds. They certainly test the toughness of the surfaces in the aircraft toilets - I'm surprised they're not all chipped and shredded from years of use.

It also explains the crunching noise when you walk in. I'm guessing I'm not the first person to blow their nose on this flight.

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa c'est la vie (I am going to France after all... might as well speaka the lingo. Parlay voo Fronsay?) As the great Steve Martin says - it's like they have a different word for everything. Never mind.

Oh good, the French health authorities have decided we need to be lightly dosed in insecticide - so they're now spraying us. It's all a plot... they just want the great unwashed to smell good (like flowers I hasten to add).

OK time to go - we're landing... something about laptops being shut down now.

Submit "Dislocated crunchy snot" to Digg Submit "Dislocated crunchy snot" to del.icio.us Submit "Dislocated crunchy snot" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dislocated crunchy snot" to Google Submit "Dislocated crunchy snot" to reddit Submit "Dislocated crunchy snot" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments