View RSS Feed

oneblackflag

Kaiaua ride

Rate this Entry
Nice day for a ride to Kaiaua

Mataharu/Ohinewhi Road had just been graded to a pretty nasty camber which made for a more cautious ride over the Hapuakohe Range.

Came across a MX day on Coxhead Rd in a recently cut Maize paddock. Stopped for a quick look, thought about doing a lap but the Shinko 700 isn't really designed for that + im a stingy bugger and didnt want to let go of some coin (basicly just scared)

On to the East Coast Rd aka birdwatching coast? everyone needs a hobby I guess. After buzzing around the motorhomes and scaring of the birds I stoped for a photo op:

Stoped at the pub in Kaiaua for a well earnt drink, alot of cool bikes there today. I dont usually have a beer if I'm riding but the day asked for it.

Went up into the Hunua Ranges to one of the reservoirs, was a nice metal road that deserves steering with the rear, disappointed to find the gate locked past the reservoir; was looking forward for alot of fun in there. Always locked?

Im proud of the little WRR it just takes the abuse and smiles.

Submit "Kaiaua ride" to Digg Submit "Kaiaua ride" to del.icio.us Submit "Kaiaua ride" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kaiaua ride" to Google Submit "Kaiaua ride" to reddit Submit "Kaiaua ride" to Facebook

Comments

The gates never used to be locked....until recently. Recently for me might be 5 years, as I don't think the R65 has been on top of a dam.