View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

It's Hot Out There

Rate this Entry
This month has been another reasonably quiet riding month, but there's been plenty happening and I have managed a couple of short rides. I'm certainly appreciating the DriRider jacket as I've been riding with the zips in the sleeves open, the zips in the back down and the front panels folded away.

I went out with the IAM riders on Sunday and it was 23° at 0900 and when I was heading home at about 1300 it was hitting 31°. It was quite a pleasant ride over the Hill, then down the Western side of Lake Wairarapa and back up to Martinborough for refreshments. I was fairly lucky with the traffic on the hill getting a reasonable run both ways, except for the last bit on each side.

Today I had a funeral to go to in Palmy so naturally I had to take the bike for the scoot up SH1 and via Shannon. I figured that it would be a bit of a waste of the day to come back that way though so I enjoyed a nice wee scoot over The Track, then one of my favorite wee diversions through Mauriceville, paused to check out how mum was getting on, then finished with the usual fang over the Hill. Once again, there was plenty of commute traffic heading north, but the southern lane was relatively empty so I had a nice free-ride.....and the temp today was only around 23-25°.

Other stuff that's been happening is that the recent fine spell has meant we have been having our Wednesday night Coneheads and I'm feeling I've gone to another level there, feeling a lot more comfortable to throw the ST over at slow speed and I've been managing to drop the expansions on the courses to get closer to the standard sizes the Yank Police use.

And then there's the TT2000. I've spent hours and hours pouring over MapSource and Google Maps, tracking distances and times on a spreadsheet, sorting the CP PDF's into ride order in a booklet, sorting accomodation etc....and then find out that there's things like the Wanaka Ironman to consider, head back to the drawing board to tweek the route, or woops, there's a bit of gravel, tweek around it.

After working my way through about 7 or 8 options from the 1st loose plan, I think I'm pretty close to having things right now, including working out where the Mystery CP's are, but because we have way more points than we need, and because Mystery CP 1 requires 7km of gravel, we'll only do that if we end up 15-20minutes ahead of schedule by the time we get there.......I can't wait for 18/02/15 when we head south on the 0230 Interislander Ferry.

Oh yes....and I've been trying out the new Sena S20. I'm getting the hang of it now and although my phone has bluetooth, it's a bit old and isn't really compatible in that, I can recieve calls but can't make them and it tends to block out the other functions. I got a few tips from Gremlin to get it right but a bit more training and practice is required to remember all the sequences and taps for the different functions.

I have a new set of Z8's waiting in the shop, the bike will get it's 60,000km service in about two weeks......and I'm loving this weather!!!

Submit "It's Hot Out There" to Digg Submit "It's Hot Out There" to del.icio.us Submit "It's Hot Out There" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's Hot Out There" to Google Submit "It's Hot Out There" to reddit Submit "It's Hot Out There" to Facebook

Comments

Glad you're getting to grips with the Sena. BMW has gone into the shop yesterday for it's 100k service.

While down in Palmy for the cycle race I decided to cancel any ideas of a TT this year, partly because any touring would be by myself, which is a bit boring... and going for a TT alone is expensive.

Not a bad idea though, as after emails today, I've got 3 sports events I'll likely provide support to in March. Good timing in Feb for the BMW to be checked over then