View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

Moto Gymkhana

Rate this Entry
From 13/12/15

I’ve been really slack as far as participating in the Capital Coast Coneheads Wednesday evening rides at the Dressmart Tawa carpark this season. The rides started with daylight saving but it wasn’t until December that I managed to get along…and I really enjoyed it.

The skills were a bit rusty, but way better than I expected and then on Sunday 13th, I had to organise the Christmas Slow Ride for Ulysses. I was lucky that we had cancelled an event in August so I didn’t have to plan a layout, just tweek the unused one I had a bit and it was a good course to setup as it was a blend of Police Rodeo (enclosed layouts) and Gymkhana (open layouts).

It was looking marginal right up until the day before, but we took a punt and it turned out very nice. In fact, by the time we had finished setting up I was dripping and ready for a shower, not to mention a bit knackered.

Several punters arrived as we were finishing up laying out the cones, but it was a little disappointing that we only ended up with about a dozen riders…although that meant that it was easy to have a good play as there was plenty of room and always two or three spare courses.

I had fun and was more focused on the two main rodeo courses which were ‘The Glock’ and ‘Offset Cloverleaf’, I took a few photos and Woody took a few of me, then we went for a subsidised lunch at the Petone Working Mens Club….before returning home and collapsing in a heap.

Here's a link to a short clip posted to the Coneheads fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/john.maroul...26501/?theater
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080778 (2).JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	318348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080776.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	541.0 KB 
ID:	318349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080771 (2).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	783.3 KB 
ID:	318350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080761 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	611.7 KB 
ID:	318351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080784 (2).JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	318352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080781(2).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	783.0 KB 
ID:	318353  

Submit "Moto Gymkhana" to Digg Submit "Moto Gymkhana" to del.icio.us Submit "Moto Gymkhana" to StumbleUpon Submit "Moto Gymkhana" to Google Submit "Moto Gymkhana" to reddit Submit "Moto Gymkhana" to Facebook

Comments