View RSS Feed

The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes

Rangi da Munta.

Rate this Entry
Well, Rangi is all together, and looking pretty good!! Everything seems to be going good, new engine is a hummer, the gear box is sweet, frame and everything else seems to be working good.....(Thanks to Sully60, Skunk, Sketchy and Kendog!) Just having some fueling/carb issues, seems to keep "bogging" (not sure if that's the right term, but that's what it feels like he's doing when he does it) and feels like it's starved of gas. Tried some things, but he doesn't seem to want to go for more than about 5 minutes before he "bogs" and stops.
Well, this is how my day went and some crappy pictures I took of him! (He is pretty though... will sort out a chamber for him soon.
I had a mixed bag of a day.
Rangi didn't want to be a good little bucket and after we exhausted all the ideas we could think of trackside and him dying just before the start line for the fourth time, he was parked up in the pits to look pretty out of the rain (I think he just didn't want to get wet!). He is pretty though (*mumble mumble bloody bucket mumble mumble shut up with the two stroke comments, I don't want a four! mumble mumble*).
Andrew kindly offered me a ride on his FXR that he has for sale, so after I'd thought about it for all of ummmm 4 seconds I took him up on his offer, figured I might as well get a ride on something today and see what all the fuss about these FXRs is.
hehehehehe I liked it *grrrrrr* I really did. So easy to ride, was like riding a smaller version of my Hornet around the track, very fun! So did the first points round on that.
Then Andrew said that there was someone else wanting a ride on it and would I mind taking the FXR he races out.... ok, had to think a little harder about that one, didn't want to crash his race bike, especailly as he is a contender for the big points in A grade... so after 6 seconds of thinking about it and Andrew assuring me that it wouldn't matter if I crashed it, but he knew I wouldn't anyway (I mean, I don't go fast enough to do any major damage) I was off for a practice race.
That thing is FUN!!! I had a ball!! Did the second points race on it (Congrats on your win Skunk!) and only got lapped once (I think...), felt like I was going a bit faster and smoother and leaning off a bit more.
Anyway, had a great day. Thanks to Nudey for all his organising, Sketchy for being Mr Jonny on the spot all day, All the flaggys, especially Sue (you're a gem, thanks for all the encouragement too) and everyone who tried to fix Rangi or gave me tips to help. He will ride again.... just not sure when
And a huge thanks to Andrew for trusting me with your bikes, you rock!!!!

Submit "Rangi da Munta." to Digg Submit "Rangi da Munta." to del.icio.us Submit "Rangi da Munta." to StumbleUpon Submit "Rangi da Munta." to Google Submit "Rangi da Munta." to reddit Submit "Rangi da Munta." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments