View RSS Feed

Project Popup

Got the bike!

Rate this Entry
Well, I've picked it up and pushed it home from Fergusson Drive to my house in Melrose Street. It's about 600m, with a quick stop along the way to pump up the tyres at the local servo (bugger pushing a bike with flat tyres).

It's a bit of a mess but it's mostly complete.

The main things missing are:

1. Windscreen
2. front fender
3. right hand brake lever (broken off)
4. mirrors
5. light for number plate (which is also missing).
6. side stand (and sidestand cutoff switch - did these bikes have one of those?)
7. Choke control (sits in the side fairing)
8. Battery
9. The top fashia cover for the fairing

The tank was off the bike.
The forks stanchions are pitted to buggery.
The frame has rust spots.
The brakes are jammed solid.
The wheel bearings feel dry as.

Apart from that, we're all good. Yeeha!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0245.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	188463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0246.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	188464  

Submit "Got the bike!" to Digg Submit "Got the bike!" to del.icio.us Submit "Got the bike!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Got the bike!" to Google Submit "Got the bike!" to reddit Submit "Got the bike!" to Facebook

Comments

G'day again, this is the '84 model. The '85 had a silver frame and a fuel gauge. Guessing '85 is when it was first Regged in NZ. Mine says its an '87.
    My choke dial broke off years ago but it never worked anyhoo, it was just glued in place for the look. You can operate the choke by pulling a little thing on the left of the bike on the carb. Guessing you already know that but just in case.
    Mine doesn't have a side stand cut off switch either. I have the same exhaust as you and I think it makes it impossible to have the centre stand at the same time. Well, mine doesn't have one.
    So the only way to let it warm up before you ride is to have it idling on the side stand so perhaps the switch gets removed when that exhaust gets put on?