Icon Tiki Tour any one???

1. Highlander
    Highlander
    So who else is side lined from the 2011 Southern Cross and thinking about the Tiki Tour this time next year then????
  2. DRL
    DRL
    Yes I'm thinking I will probably be a starter, so long as it doesn't clash with doing the TT2000 as well.
    Any word on dates, starting location yet?
  3. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Tiki Tour details on this page: http://rustynuts.org.nz/default.aspx?PageID=4 Start Russell 4 March, Finish Bluff 10 March (2012 naturally).

I'm with DRL, here's hoping the TT is on the following weekend after 10 March, or something like that. Otherwise I have to choose, and I have unfinished business with the TT.
  4. KoroJ
    KoroJ
    He he he.......You gonna buy some matchsticks for the next one Gremlin?
  5. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    pffft, this time I'll get a separate room for all nights. Oh, and more than 4 hours of sleep on the night before... Probably take it a bit easier before the TT, perhaps a rest day right before, etc.

Separate room would avoid all the snoring from a certain gn rider... and do wonders for my reputation of sleeping in the same room as honda riders.

3200km in 40 hours is actually quite doable, pace wise. It's the uh... staying alert that presents a problem. I reckon a 2 hour stop in the middle, around 1-2am would help massively, purely for sleep.
  6. banditrider
    banditrider
    It'll depend on the TT dates for me as well.
  7. LBD
    LBD
    Yup 3200 in 40 hrs is doable......

I beleive the TT will be 25/26 Feb...I plan to do both TT and Icon....having missed the SC this year I have a bit of catching up to do.
  8. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    I haven't seen any confirmation of dates for the TT2000, and the site still shows 2011. Still, if those are the dates, then it works out quite well for doing both... us Norf Islanders will be crossing the strait 4 times
  9. LBD
    LBD
    Its not in concrete...but my $ are on the 25th/26th

this time I'll get a separate room for all nights. Oh, and more than 4 hours of sleep on the night before... I booked a quiet hotel had an early dinner, one beer and a Norimison tablet....lights out by 8pm.

I reckon a 2 hour stop in the middle, around 1-2am would help massively, purely for sleep. I will try that next time....30 minutes in a chair at a road side Cafe at 4.30 am was not enough.
  10. LBD
    LBD
    March 25 and 26 2012 as posted on the TT2000 web site
  11. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    hmmm I'll look in September, when I'm back from the USA... still in the midst of the USA trip, plus blogging etc.
  12. KoroJ
    KoroJ
    hmmm I'll look in September, when I'm back from the USA... still in the midst of the USA trip, plus blogging etc.
    You haven't blogged for days & days.......??........you haven't fallen off again have you? We're not sleeping on the job are we??

It would be nice to do both but the time off will be a problem for me as we have a bit on over that period.
  13. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Quote Originally Posted by koroj
    You haven't blogged for days & days.......??........you haven't fallen off again have you? We're not sleeping on the job are we??
    Yeah yeah, been a bit slack, tired, enjoying the trip etc, will try to catch up in the next few days