• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: TZ350 Yesterday, 14:27 Go to last post
    Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: AllanB Yesterday, 20:08 Go to last post
    Yow Ling

The Bucket Foundry

Thread Starter: Yow Ling

The foundry or metal casting stuff thats been going on the the ESE thread really inspired me to get on with having a go at this stuff. If you can cast metal theres really not much you cant do. I dont think its going to be easy, most of it has been a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step back so far. Im...

Last Post By: Frits Overmars Yesterday, 22:01 Go to last post
    cotswold

Race chassis

Thread Starter: cotswold

I just thought I would post these pictures of a couple of bikes I raced back when I was faster. The Waddon chassis was very basic but worked very well and I think would make a fantastic bucket frame. It was light and the bike handled well, the one I had was bought from Ian Young who had finished...

Last Post By: chrisc Today, 09:07 Go to last post
    OddDuck

Winter Layup - 1995 Ducati 900 Supersport

Thread Starter: OddDuck

Time for major work, unfortunately. Frame's cracked :( Motor is making oil disappear and power isn't what it used to be either, according to seat of pants dyno. Time for the winter layup, get in, strip it, sort out various issues that have been waiting for a while. Step 1: take it to bits.

Last Post By: OddDuck Today, 11:58 Go to last post
    nzspokes

So whats the best Super naked currently?

Thread Starter: nzspokes

Top of the tree looks to be the Tuono 1100, but the BMW S1000r is close behind. KTM 1290 SDR is a stunning bike. The Japanese makers dont really seem to be in this game. Which would you pick?

Last Post By: Owl Today, 12:14 Go to last post
    HenryDorsetCase

How often should I replace my helmet, really?

Thread Starter: HenryDorsetCase

OK, so prompted by this thread: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/178680-X-lite-helmets-Nolan-Brand-Made-in-Italy I realised that my "go-to" helmet was made in 2005 - probably bought in 2006. Its been up the track and I figured, yeah, 11 years is long enough. I thought I...

Last Post By: Maha Today, 09:26 Go to last post
    Cosmik de Bris

Reluctant sellers

Thread Starter: Cosmik de Bris

What is it about people on Trade Me? I email a person selling a low mileage 2014 ZX10R with the intention of starting a dialogue to make a cash offer on the bike. No answer. OK so you don't want to sell the thing. So I email 4 dealers asking for a full payment price on a couple of Ducatis, an F4...

Last Post By: Laava Yesterday, 13:27 Go to last post
    Duncan74

Anakee 3 - how do they fare on wet gravel roads & roadworks?

Thread Starter: Duncan74

I need some new tyres to replace the stock ones on the wee-strom. I use the bike for commuting from TGA to AKl and TGA to Hamilton, so mostly tarmac and I want something that's a bit more confident in the wet. However, my route to Hamilton takes me over a windy gravel road as a 20 minute shortcut...

Last Post By: Bass Yesterday, 14:46 Go to last post
    ShinySideUp

Christchurch KBers - Anyone sat their restricted licence at Sockburn recently?

Thread Starter: ShinySideUp

Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the route from the Jipcho Road VTNZ? Any tips about what to expect would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Last Post By: HenryDorsetCase Today, 08:56 Go to last post
  • Winston001

There is no available content written by Winston001