• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: diesel pig Today, 11:51 Go to last post
    Haufen

the clean two-stroke thread

Thread Starter: Haufen

As our beloved two-strokes are likely to disappear in the not so distant future, this thread shall serve as pool a for anything clean two-stroke related. The goal of this thread is to provide information, share the latest news and publications on two-stroke technology and discuss possible ways...

Last Post By: Niels Abildgaard Today, 04:55 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: jim.cox Today, 09:50 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

Another (road) litre bike bites the dust in Europe

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

The R1 and R1M are being dropped from the road bike line up in Europe, like the GSXR before it. Euro 5+ emission laws and dwindling sales are the main, if not only, reasons. Like the R6 there will be a track only version. https://www.rideapart.com/news/709594/yamaha-r1-r1m-discontinued-europe/ ...

Last Post By: pritch Today, 13:56 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: pete376403 Today, 14:42 Go to last post
  • Deano

by Published on 15th January 2010 16:17  Number of Views: 13910 
    1. Categories:
    2. Race Events,
    3. Club Events

Ok guys and gals, it's time again to crown the new King of the Cliff Hanger, that is unless Drew Mair can retain his 2009 title !!

Where: Te Wharau Road, Gladstone, East of Carterton.

When: Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st March 2010.

Entry forms and more information available at www.cliffhanger.org.nz (please be patient as the website is being updated over the next few days)

Pre entering is advised for the hillclimb, as entries will be limited.

There is also a rally being held adjacent to the hill climb pit area.

Costs: $25 if before 10 March 2010, or $30 late entry.
    Meals: Roast dinner $14.00 (pre booked before 10 March only)
    Breakfast $7.00

Other food (BBQ) and beverages (incl alcohol) available for sale at good rates. Free coffee.

For more info - contact: Graeme
    Phone: 04 5654445 or 0274489106
    E-mail: cliffhangerrally@vodafone.co.nz for enquiries and entry forms

Entry forms will also be up on the website in the next few days.

There will be a live band - "Noise Control".

Feel free to ask me anything about the hill climb, but refer to Graeme for the rally please.

And if anyone is willing to assist with marshalling, please let me know.
    by Published on 5th July 2009 14:04
    1. Categories:
    2. Community News

Garry Albrett Cliffhanger Promotions RIP

It is with much regret that I must inform that Garry Albrett of Carterton has passed away.

Garry suffered a heart attack this morning and did not regain consciousness.

Garry was well known as the chairman of Cliffhanger Promotions. He and his wife Dina were the driving force behind the triannual motorcycle sprints and cliffhanger hillclimb. They both worked tirelessly on these events and Garry will be sorely missed.

Garry's funeral will be held on Wednesday 8 July 2009, 11.00am ( arrive there at least 10.45am) at the Anglican Church, corner of High Street and Richmond Road, Carterton. (southern end of shopping centre)

To all that knew Garry, helped with the Cliffhanger and sprints, or competed at them, it would be appreciated if as many as possible could attend on their bikes to give Garry a worthy send off.

For those leaving from the Hutt side of the hill, I suggest meeting at Caltex Rimutaka at about 9.30am to leave at 9.45am.
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget