Thread: Last of the Real VFR800s (and BLUE too!)

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries

eek Last of the Real VFR800s (and BLUE too!)

"She Who Must Be Obeyed" says I have to sell my shit, because I don't have a job. So, my beloved VFR800 is now on the market.
    I've owned this bike since 2004, and it's been my daily commuter and weekend toy. In the 12 years I've owned it, I've added some 33k miles to the odometer. Using my experience gleaned from 0ver 40 years of riding, the other bikes (including 2 other V4's) I've owned, I've also improved some of the shortcomings. First thing I did was add a Ventura packrack (included, plus two bags); fitted a FactoryPro EvoStar shifter kit; a fan cooler to the R/R (which AFAIK is original, and still pumps out good current); a BlueSeas 5025 accessory fusebox, which all electric doodads are connected to. When I bought the bike it had heated grips, and it's now on its third set; these are solid-state with push-button controller. Battery is MotoBatt and still in good nick.
    'Muffler' is Staintune stainless high-mount, with two different 'spuds' - one quiet, one rorty, or you can have none. (All quite illegal, but passes its WOF every time).
    There's a whole bunch of other stuff, like Thurn clear LED taillight and indicators, better headlights, manual fan override switch for riding in slow traffic (VFRs have shit airflow when going slow); dual Fiamm horns; etc.
    The BIG ticket item is the suspension, which has had several $thousands spent on it. I fitted a $1250 Elka (Canadian company, eh?) rear shock (which has adjustable height, preload, compression and rebound damping), and new forksprings (twice!), then spent a shitload at CKT having the suspension properly fettled. It now has Racetech/CKT/Ohlins front suspension, and the Elka now has all Ohlins internals (including the oil!).
    You can have all my spare parts, oils, etc (FREEE!!) and my bike gear is all for sale (CHEEEEAP!)
    NOTE: Odo is in MILES, but I couldn't be bothered working out how many kilometres it converted to. But, for a VFR, it's only just run in, LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VFR1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	324613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VFR_2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	493.8 KB 
ID:	324615  
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Is that 70000miles (112k) or 70k?
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Is that 70000miles (112k) or 70k?
    Hi, Frosty. That's 70,000 miles. So near new.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    A fast one
    Formatting...pleaseeeeee.

"She Who Must Be Obeyed" says I have to sell my shit, because I don't have a job. So, my beloved VFR800 is now on the market.

I've owned this bike since 2004, and it's been my daily commuter and weekend toy. In the 12 years I've owned it, I've added some 33k miles to the odometer.

Using my experience gleaned from 0ver 40 years of riding, the other bikes (including 2 other V4's) I've owned, I've also improved some of the shortcomings:

• First thing I did was add a Ventura packrack (included, plus two bags)
    • Fitted a FactoryPro EvoStar shifter kit
    • Fan cooler to the R/R (which AFAIK is original, and still pumps out good current)
    • BlueSeas 5025 accessory fusebox, which all electric doodads are connected to.
    • When I bought the bike it had heated grips, and it's now on its third set; these are solid-state with push-button controller.
    • Battery is MotoBatt and still in good nick.
    • 'Muffler' is Staintune stainless high-mount, with two different 'spuds' - one quiet, one rorty, or you can have none. (All quite illegal, but passes its WOF every time).

There's a whole bunch of other stuff, like Thurn clear LED taillight and indicators, better headlights, manual fan override switch for riding in slow traffic (VFRs have shit airflow when going slow); dual Fiamm horns; etc.

The BIG ticket item is the suspension, which has had several $thousands spent on it. I fitted a $1250 Elka (Canadian company, eh?) rear shock (which has adjustable height, preload, compression and rebound damping), and new forksprings (twice!), then spent a shitload at CKT having the suspension properly fettled. It now has Racetech/CKT/Ohlins front suspension, and the Elka now has all Ohlins internals (including the oil!).

You can have all my spare parts, oils, etc (FREEE!!) and my bike gear is all for sale (CHEEEEAP!)

NOTE: Odo is in MILES, but I couldn't be bothered working out how many kilometres it converted to. But, for a VFR, it's only just run in, LOL.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    "She Who Must Be Obeyed" says I have to sell my shit, because I don't have a job.
    i could "take care" of that, ahem, problem for a very reasonable fee.
    (more reasonable than that slag, anyway)

how's the insurance policies?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Life is full of choices.

I think you should reconsider yours.

Maybe have a chat to she who must be obeyed about her getting a second job so you can keep your bike.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Formatting...pleaseeeeee.
    Yeah!

Nah.

I've just spent the last couple of decades formatting doco'n'stuff for software companies. Now that I'm in forced early retirement, Icantbefarkt.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    Yeah!

Nah.

I've just spent the last couple of decades formatting doco'n'stuff for software companies. Now that I'm in forced early retirement, Icantbefarkt.
    Just copy mine in to your original post then

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    SOLD and here's some more characters...

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information