Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha WRF450. Do it.

Bike

Yamaha WRF450. Do it.

Not going to be able to ride far for most of the summer and I need some cash for the my hookers and blow tick, so time to sell a bike!

First registered 2012, 2007 WRF450
    WOF due Feb (gets year long ones), rego after Christmas
    About 12,000k's now
    Clake tank (230-260k's to a tank depending on conditions and pace)
    Rekluse clutch
    Seat concepts seat
    Rear rack
    Electric AND kick start. Surprisingly easy to kick start these things. Well designed.
    Will come with stock headlight and a wee screen the previous owner made.
    Can have a third gear throw over luggage bag with it to make a fly and ride easier but I'd like to keep the shitty wee tank bag.

Comes with a few little spares like wheel bearings, standard clutch, filter or two, throttle or brake cable (can't remember which one) and the tail unit it came with (which has a busted LED and had a steel frame model lamp bolted to the top of the tail fairing, which got in the way of tying luggage, hence the change).

Hasn't been thrashed as far as ringing the crap out of it goes but the previous owner came off once or twice and I've had a few spills/ridden through scrub, rivers, malls, zombie hordes etc so the plastics are a little tired. About 10,000ks on the seat and it is still mint.

Chain has a tight spot so will come with new chain and rear sprocket (fitted) or the cost of them off the price.

Sorry about the dick head 'make an offer' listing, but I love this bike and want to get as much as I can for it if it goes before another I have for sale, so best offer that covers my bills and drowns my sorrow owns it.

I will also replace the licence plate before it's sold, as it's pretty 'weathered' after having an argument with the tyre. Current tail lamp unit is the silvery one.

Need to take some better pictures sorry. Just have the scenic ones one hand.

Viewing in Picton.

^^ Old tail light unit ^^

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0430.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	317274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0486.JPG 
Views:	561 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	317275  

Bike
    S1000RR
    Sorry dude, this is a motorcycle forum not a snowmobile forum!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    RSVR Aprilia
    This could be what I have been looking for but due to the fact that I have been looking for a while and haven't found one yet I too had to satisfy myself with whisky and hookers now sadly only have $4000ish to play with, would that be even close to what you are after, I could even throw in a bottle to get you started?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Sorry dude, this is a motorcycle forum not a snowmobile forum!
    It should be. Snowmobiling that bike was the best ride of the year! Was a few months ago and I'm still buzzing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Needs Must View Post
    This could be what I have been looking for but due to the fact that I have been looking for a while and haven't found one yet I too had to satisfy myself with whisky and hookers now sadly only have $4000ish to play with, would that be even close to what you are after, I could even throw in a bottle to get you started?
    You are clearly a man of distinction and fine taste, but 4k is more in the territory of a non road registered WR to be honest.

The closest I can find is this wee beastie on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-982766720.htm but they aren't worth that much.

I have a DR350 for sale for under 4k too, which is a completely different ride but by direct comparison actually has a few decent advantages over the WR.

Depending on the bike I would do a part trade with at least $3000 my way.

Bike
    S1000RR
    WRF450 wins KB POTW..... Again!! Must be damn sexy bike.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    RSVR Aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    It should be. Snowmobiling that bike was the best ride of the year! Was a few months ago and I'm still buzzing about it.

You are clearly a man of distinction and fine taste, but 4k is more in the territory of a non road registered WR to be honest.

The closest I can find is this wee beastie on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-982766720.htm but they aren't worth that much.

I have a DR350 for sale for under 4k too, which is a completely different ride but by direct comparison actually has a few decent advantages over the WR.

Depending on the bike I would do a part trade with at least $3000 my way.
    Sorry no bike to trade, just sold an XT600.
    What price did you have in mind? Also has it had any engine work done? I am told that the WR's are due a new piston about every 120hrs which is about 10,000km

Bike
    Sorry no bike to trade, just sold an XT600.
    What price did you have in mind? Also has it had any engine work done? I am told that the WR's are due a new piston about every 120hrs which is about 10,000km
    No rebuilds but a fair amount of the KM's on it are just meandering down the road. If I take it, there will probably be another 600 odd K on it from a trip to Chch via the Molesworth this weekend for example.
    I'm happy to take it around to the local mechanic to be checked out (at buyers cost). I'll probably have it around there before Christmas for another valve clearance check anyway.

Come have a hoon if you want.

PM'd for the rest =)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    WRF450 wins KB POTW..... Again!! Must be damn sexy bike.
    Got to be those smooth.....agricultural lines

Bike
    RSVR Aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    No rebuilds but a fair amount of the KM's on it are just meandering down the road. If I take it, there will probably be another 600 odd K on it from a trip to Chch via the Molesworth this weekend for example.
    I'm happy to take it around to the local mechanic to be checked out (at buyers cost). I'll probably have it around there before Christmas for another valve clearance check anyway.

Come have a hoon if you want.

PM'd for the rest =)
    Sorry tried to PM you back but site won't let me yet.
    I don't blame you for wanting to keep it, from all the research I've done they seem like an awesome ride..... hence why I want one haha.
    I will have to do some sums and see what I can come up with and have a bit of a think, maybe catch up when I get back from sea start of next month if you still have it.
    The XT was ok, probably more road oriented than I want so a bit heavy and under powered off road, lower gearing might have helped as it cruised better at 100km's in 5th than 6th and first was a bit tall in the tricky stuff, on the plus side though very low maintenance and comfortable on the road/open trail. I have a sports bike to play on the road with so now I want a mean ass bike for the dirt.

Bike
    Sorry tried to PM you back but site won't let me yet.
    I don't blame you for wanting to keep it, from all the research I've done they seem like an awesome ride..... hence why I want one haha.
    I will have to do some sums and see what I can come up with and have a bit of a think, maybe catch up when I get back from sea start of next month if you still have it.
    The XT was ok, probably more road oriented than I want so a bit heavy and under powered off road, lower gearing might have helped as it cruised better at 100km's in 5th than 6th and first was a bit tall in the tricky stuff, on the plus side though very low maintenance and comfortable on the road/open trail. I have a sports bike to play on the road with so now I want a mean ass bike for the dirt.
    Underpowered for the weight seems to be the general consensus on them from what I've read, same with the Teneres.

Yeah no problem mate. It's here for you to have a crack on regardless. That said I think you'd be able to pick up a decent WR426 for around a 4k budget if you need to stick to it. There was actually a decent looking one in Nelson a few weeks ago, with motard rims too from memory.

Worlds worst salesman right here

Bike
    New chain and sprocket on and another thou on the clock over the last weekend off this year, but no longer for sale

Bike
    Still on the fence about this bike. I love it but I spend more time on tarmac and gravel now than I do proper offroading and as such wouldn't mind swapping it for a wee BMW or something that is a bit more practical for runs up to Hamilton and down to Chch than a WR on knobblies XD

Anyone interested? I just got it a WOF 4 months early as I bloody forgot it still gets 12 month ones

Will also have my little CBR250 up for grabs once I clean the carbs out too

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    yea cunt. five buck and a baggie oi

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    really looking for a 250, but how many $$$ do you need for it?
    =mjc=

Bike
    5.5-6k?

Is that about right still for these? I need to put some mirrors back on it and tidy it up though, so I guess 5-5.2k as it sits at the moment (with a month old WOF) is probably more realistic?

Why a 250 out of interest?

I hate selling vehicles

A baggie would help ease the pain if I was into that shit. That said may part trade for an wee 'adv tourer' and a pallet of whiskey

Thread Information