Thread: VFR400 NC30 for sale: Low km, lots of new parts

Bike
    NC30s

VFR400 NC30 for sale: Low km, lots of new parts

SOLD.

Trademe link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...271690&ed=true

I am moving to China this year so need to sell my NC30. Apart from dealers, I am the third New Zealand owner. I bought her early last year with the intention of holding onto her for a good long time as these bikes are just so bloody fun, and in good condition they’re a beautiful classic sport bike.
    In the time I’ve owned this bike I’ve given it a good going over and replaced any bits and pieces that I thought looked a little suspect, or are known to fail over time.

Done in last 1500kms:

New AirFilter
    Replaced fuel tap vacuum hose
    Replaced fuel hose
    Replaced A/F screw O rings and washers in the carbs
    Recent oil change
    New exhaust system
    New spark plugs
    De-restrictor circuit added
    Carbs serviced and balanced
    New front tyre (Bridgestone S20). The rear is still good, it’s a Bridgestone BT014 which has a harder compound so wears a bit slower

The owner before me races an NC30, and this was his road bike. He put in quite a lot of work replacing seals, bearings, sprockets, and doing required engine maintenance.

Done in last 5000kms:
    Oil filter changed
    Valve clearances checked and adjusted
    New engine cover gasket
    New front sprocket (Renthal anodised aluminium)
    New rear sprocket (Renthal anodised aluminium)
    New chain (RK 520 O-ring)
    New fork seals, dust seals, and fork oil
    New battery
    New front wheel bearings
    New rear wheel bearings
    New headstock bearings
    Goodridge braided front brake lines (the front brakes are insane on this thing).
    New EBC Pro-Lite front brake discs

I put on a new exhaust with a free flowing carbon fiber muffler. It’s not baffled, and is reasonably loud. I also fitted a later model rear shock with the remote reservoir as it is a bit better than the standard one. The carbs have been rejetted to run 118f/120r which is perfect for this free flowing exhaust. I will of course include the standard jets in case you want to return it to the standard exhaust setup.
    When I had the carbs off they were serviced: They got a good cleaning with carb cleaner, and all the passageways blown out with compressed air.
    Carbs were balanced after everything was back on the bike.

I still have the standard full exhaust system (which is in very good condition), and the standard rear shock. I also have a banged up ‘Zorst’ muffler which fits the NC30 (it’s a bit quieter than the one on there).
    All of the original parts and the Zorst muffler are included with the bike when sold.

There are only a couple of potential negatives about the bike:
    It has a fibreglass front fairing from a New Zealand company (Just Fairings) which has been painted in the original type 1 scheme.
    There is a slight dent on the left side of the tank. I’ve tried to show it in the photos, but it hasn’t creased at all so it’s quite hard to notice.
    There is normal wear and tear on the paint from stone chips etc (it is 25 years old!)

When all is said and done, this is a great example of the original 1989 NC30. It’s rare to find one in this condition with mileage this low. Pretty much any part that could potentially fail and cost you money has been replaced in the last 5000kms.
    Considering the condition of this bike, and the inclusion of the original parts, I think the price is pretty good. Although I am open to reasonable offers. No chips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jghyqzhz.hpy.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	309054

Name:	axly2lcr.h5m.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	309055

Name:	zoewdtdf.yrp.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	309056

Name:	nu4yjuw0.xlv.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	309057

Name:	i2vx2any.mtx.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	309058

Name:	3xnnobg1.ioc.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	309059

Bike
    motocompo
    I would own that in a heartbeat if I could possibly squeeze another bike into my shed at the moment.
    They have certainly made it on to the short list of bikes I will own in the last twelve months.

Bike
    Bandit 250
    Fuck that's a beautiful bike, good luck on the sale!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    tidy bike. good price.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Groan - get behind me satan.... need better mountain bike and stuff like food....aaaarrrggghhhh....

Bike
    NC30s
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'm pretty sad about selling it, but sometimes one has to prioritise

Bike
    Meads speed 650R, Kawasaki S2a
    Very nice machine - these are going tone worth good money soon
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    I have been drooling over this since you listed it last night on TM. I curse every day that I am stuck on my restricted. I have cash and would buy it in a heartbeat if it wasn't going to be sitting around till the end of the year Good luck with your sale, I really hope whoever buys it genuinely cares for it. At that price it could well be a retard who rides in shorts and jandals on his learners

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    I have been drooling over this since you listed it last night on TM. I curse every day that I am stuck on my restricted. I have cash and would buy it in a heartbeat if it wasn't going to be sitting around till the end of the year Good luck with your sale, I really hope whoever buys it genuinely cares for it. At that price it could well be a retard who rides in shorts and jandals on his learners
    Just do it, I'm sure the insurance company will understand

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post

...just fuk'n do it...regrets are saved for those who don't...

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    I took a gamble and got my NC30 6 months before my full. Provided your not a muppet there shouldn't be any issues!

Bike
    NC30s
    Sold. Thanks for the interest.

Thread Information