Thread: Xr200r with E-start Lifan Motor

Bike
    1989 KX 250

Xr200r with E-start Lifan Motor

Refurbished XR200R 1997 with a brand new 200 Lifan installed, electric start.

All new bearings throughout (shock, linkage, both wheels, swing arm, steering etc)
    Neutral light added
    Headlight replaced with a LED flood light.

Open to offers
    Test rides are welcomed.
    PH: 0272281568
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160626_102943.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	861.1 KB 
ID:	322551  

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

eek

Quote Originally Posted by Grasskarter500 View Post
    Refurbished XR200R 1997 with a brand new 200 Lifan installed, electric start.

All new bearings throughout (shock, linkage, both wheels, swing arm, steering etc)
    Neutral light added
    Running two separate regulators, one charges the battery, other for lights

I have no plans to sell this bike atm (still got to run it in, take it for a few rides to make sure everything is in order) but if anyone is ever interested/keen, feel free to call me.

PH: 0272281568
    hows the motor compare to the orginal i have been building my xr 200 project bike

Bike
    1989 KX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    hows the motor compare to the orginal i have been building my xr 200 project bike
    Terribly sorry for the late reply. I hardly check this site often, so apologies.

Anyways, motor only being a 5 speed compared to the xr's 6 speed, Its more than enough for trail purposes.
    Nearing the end of breaking it in, and its got plenty of get up and go for what it is.

In some aspects they can be more reliable then an xr200, as long as you keep up with the maitenance. People use these motors in grass karts, they get hammered alot, and generally never had any catastrophic failure. Good oils, fuel etc.

You can fit a decent size battery in there but it involves cutting part of the airbox to mount it.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasskarter500 View Post
    Terribly sorry for the late reply. I hardly check this site often, so apologies.

Anyways, motor only being a 5 speed compared to the xr's 6 speed, Its more than enough for trail purposes.
    Nearing the end of breaking it in, and its got plenty of get up and go for what it is.

In some aspects they can be more reliable then an xr200, as long as you keep up with the maitenance. People use these motors in grass karts, they get hammered alot, and generally never had any catastrophic failure. Good oils, fuel etc.

You can fit a decent size battery in there but it involves cutting part of the airbox to mount it.
    sounds good dude great stuff its all about having fun after all

Thread Information