Thread: FZS1000 - FZ1 - Yamaha Fazer EXUP (Gen1)

Bike

FZS1000 - FZ1 - Yamaha Fazer EXUP (Gen1)

Fantastic motorcycle - lots of extras including Scottoiler (e-version), carbon detailing, Yamaha heated grips, genuine Yamaha fairings and REMUS after-market exhaust (+ baffle). It also has a professionally installed META alarm with fobs and red key. New battery 12 months ago.

Also included is various original parts, replacement/spare parts worth over $100 NZD and oil/filter/plugs for next service.

This is a bargain price for such a good example, with known history (friend was second owner, I purchased from him 18 months ago). Plenty of service history to hand. Drop me a PM to discuss.

WOF until September 2015, current rego until November 2014 but if the full asking price is met an additional 12 months rego will be included in the sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-22 18.04.21.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	304272  

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    No one will pay anywhere near that for that bike when there are newer cheaper R1s on trademe Example an '03 R1 with just a few thousand K's more than yours is a grand cheaper..... And that's been on trademe for 5 months......

It's been on trademe since February..... Try asking for $6,000 o.n.o even at $6,000 there are plenty of other options on trademe '04 Speed Triple for $6,000.... With less K's

Cheaper, newer VFR800

Bike
    In his defense though that is a barely de-tuned carby R1 that's been adjusted by Yamaha in all the right ways for real world riding. >140 peak hp, <200kg dry weight with big, wide bars for cranking it over at sub 200km/h pace, comfy upright riding position and a useful fairing. That's a wicked bike.

I really like the VFR800 but an FZ1 will leave it well behind on one wheel. With no downside.

A Speed Triple is a bad-ass hoon bike but it's no where near as competent.

EDIT: I'm not gonna buy it but $8k probably about right for an asking price; can't see how you'd get any better without a serious compromise for under $7.5k.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Example an '03 R1 with just a few thousand K's more than yours is a grand cheaper..... And that's been on trademe for 5 months......
    Also, this a Thunderace. Very much not an R1.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    My 2001 FZ1 went for $6500.......in 2008, and it was returned to standard and had just been fully dyno tuned with new reg.

"Maaate your dreaming!"

Also when was they EXUP last serviced........they tend to not work so well if you change the exhaust.

(they are a fantastic bike though).
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    No one will pay anywhere near that for that bike when there are newer cheaper R1s on trademe Example an '03 R1 with just a few thousand K's more than yours is a grand cheaper..... And that's been on trademe for 5 months......
    Depends on whether someone wants an R1 or Fazer I guess! It has been on for some time, but obviously the buyer hasn't been online yet

I have had a lot of interest, but as yet no-one has come to see it in the flesh.

In his defense though that is a barely de-tuned carby R1 that's been adjusted by Yamaha in all the right ways for real world riding. >140 peak hp, <200kg dry weight with big, wide bars for cranking it over at sub 200km/h pace, comfy upright riding position and a useful fairing. That's a wicked bike.

I really like the VFR800 but an FZ1 will leave it well behind on one wheel. With no downside.

A Speed Triple is a bad-ass hoon bike but it's no where near as competent.

EDIT: I'm not gonna buy it but $8k probably about right for an asking price; can't see how you'd get any better without a serious compromise for under $7.5k.
    Yep, its a great bike, much better thank the VFR

I'm happy to include 12 months rego (it expires in November) if the full asking price is met...

My 2001 FZ1 went for $6500.......in 2008, and it was returned to standard and had just been fully dyno tuned with new reg.

"Maaate your dreaming!"

Also when was they EXUP last serviced........they tend to not work so well if you change the exhaust.

(they are a fantastic bike though).
    I doubt your's was a good as this

EXUP serviced every 6 months, always been sweet and no issues at all. I've recently polished the end can too... she's looking sweeeeeeet.

I'm in no rush to sell, but would like to move on.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Looks good.
    The misuss has got an 05 FZ1 she likes - a very competent road bike, (but would also like a Street Triple) $8,000 does seem a bit much though......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The extras add no value. It's just an old bike covered in someone else's tat.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Nicely put!

Bike
    Yamaha YZ250F
    Considering there is only 5 for sale in the whole country and this is the lowest KM one one the market, the price is probably not too far away.

It does say "or near offer"

The extra's do help with the desirability of the bike. Extra's may not increase the price, but that do build additional value into a vehicle.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I just bought a 2009 fz01 at 20000kms with bling. Didn't cost a great deal more than the op,s bike. Haven't got it yet, quite excited.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff-ta View Post

The extra's do help with the desirability of the bike. Extra's may not increase the price, but that do build additional value into a vehicle.
    No they don't. Only to people who specifically "value" those particular accessories, in that particular configuration, on that particular bike. So probably one person. To my mind there is nothing more vile than the fake full fairings that get added to naked or half-faired bikes.

Heavily accessorised motorcycles sold at a premium without the original bits available (apologies if they are) are a pain in the arse to get running right again, because one thing I've noticed about buying some other bloke's "perfectly set up motorcycle" is how little attention is paid to the bit that actually make a bike better and safer, and they're never anything cosmetic. Eye of the beholder and all. I'd much rather buy a standard bike that has properly maintained steering head bearings, swing bearings, wheel bearings, chains and sprockets, suspension linkages and correct fueling and had all the things that are supposed to be done at relatively small intervals or even the correct intervals. A set of workshop receipts with that stuff on it has value. All the tat on this thing cost someone money so they expect someone else to want to pay for it too. Doesn't work that way.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    No they don't. Only to people who specifically "value" those particular accessories, in that particular configuration, on that particular bike. So probably one person. To my mind there is nothing more vile than the fake full fairings that get added to naked or half-faired bikes.

Heavily accessorised motorcycles sold at a premium without the original bits available (apologies if they are) are a pain in the arse to get running right again, because one thing I've noticed about buying some other bloke's "perfectly set up motorcycle" is how little attention is paid to the bit that actually make a bike better and safer, and they're never anything cosmetic. Eye of the beholder and all. I'd much rather buy a standard bike that has properly maintained steering head bearings, swing bearings, wheel bearings, chains and sprockets, suspension linkages and correct fueling and had all the things that are supposed to be done at relatively small intervals or even the correct intervals. A set of workshop receipts with that stuff on it has value. All the tat on this thing cost someone money so they expect someone else to want to pay for it too. Doesn't work that way.
    I'm not offended in the slightest

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Ill need keep my bike then.
    Its covered in extra bits. Costs more to run than stock also.
    I guess if no one buys it ill get to keep it longer.
    When im finished with the latest bike it will be so far away from stock it will be worth a packet of chips because that will be the highest offer I will get. We all know who will be the next owner.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Ill need keep my bike then.
    Its covered in extra bits. Costs more to run than stock also.
    I guess if no one buys it ill get to keep it longer.
    When im finished with the latest bike it will be so far away from stock it will be worth a packet of chips because that will be the highest offer I will get. We all know who will be the next owner.
    But then akzle would have to first sit his licence,
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Thread Information