Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddock stand for Duc HyperMotard

Bike
    2009 Hypermotard S

Paddock stand for Duc HyperMotard

Hey guys,

These seem to be quite hard to find. Would someone here have a Single swing arm paddock stand for a Ducati Hyper motard? Can spare approx 150 bucks tops.

Cheers

Bike
    2008 BMW K1200S
    I am interested to as I have BMW K1200S with a single sided swing arm and have not found any cheap ones.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitShine View Post
    Hey guys,

These seem to be quite hard to find. Would someone here have a Single swing arm paddock stand for a Ducati Hyper motard? Can spare approx 150 bucks tops.

Cheers
    I know it's outside your stated price range but you might think about saving for an ABBA stand as their UK website says they're available for a Hypermotard (and the K1200 come to that). They're around $230 in NZ. I gave up struggling with a normal paddock stand and bought one for my GSX-S 1000. Best thing I ever did as with an additional attachment, you can also lift both wheels off the deck at the same time. There's an agent based in Nelson.

There are some photos of it in use here: http://geoffjames.blogspot.co.nz/201...a-brought.html

Cheers,

Geoff

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    This guy here normally lists them:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...2712868&cid=26
    Flick him a message I am sure he still has some.

Also +1 to an Abba stand. Great for working on the bike although a little more expensive.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    House of custom, Paeroa, have some very well priced single sided stands. They're listed as out of stock right now, but you could contact them and find out when they'll have them back in stock. I have both front and rear stands from there and they work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    This guy here normally lists them:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...2712868&cid=26
    Flick him a message I am sure he still has some.

Also +1 to an Abba stand. Great for working on the bike although a little more expensive.
    I have one for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it thinking it would fit the bike bench I made and didnt measure......
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Any dealer will be able to order you one - I got a new one from Casbolts for my Streetfighter when I purchased it 6 months back - Around a couple hundred with the correct pin to fit the rear axle. Bikelift brand.

Bike
    2009 Hypermotard S
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I have one for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it thinking it would fit the bike bench I made and didnt measure......
    Hey mate, could you PM me with more details. Also presume you've got the ABBA stand for sale?

Bike
    a red heap
    if you can find an mv augusta, or triumph one for cheap, you can just get the spindle machined down to fit.

I did this with my triumph one to fit my Hyperetard.

Bike
    Various things
    I have one. like new. Not sure what size the pin is, but happy to measure it this evening when I get home.

Bike
    ZX6R, KLR, VL250, Tiger800
    Seeing as there aren't many of these around I thought I'd have a bash at making one. My storage space is pretty lacking and my desire for over complicating things is strong, so I went with a design that's adjustable and foldable (aka rickety and fiddly).

It works out to under $50, but I could get it down further by rummaging through the steel offcuts bin and not getting the other bits from Bunnings. I could also ditch the foldy adjustable bits and go with strong and simple...but where's the fun in that.

So my question to the technically minded KB'ers, does this thing look likes it's going to hold up, or is it bound to end in tears and adventures in plastic welding?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pjmcC4O.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	320851

Bike
    It looks quite similar to my Pit Bull single sided stand - in its general shape, but not in the details.

A few things that stand out to me are:
    - you're going to crush your knuckles setting the handle down on the floor, and it will be a bit difficult to lift it up again without space to get your fingers underneath.
    - with the handle pointing forward, you'll need to be careful that it doesn't foul the side stand. You can lift the stand, but it's just more difficult. The Pit Bull handle is cranked quite far out to the side - it's actually wider than the wheels. I mostly use it with the handle to the rear.
    - the axle pin doesn't appear to turn. I think most of them are on bearings so that you can turn the wheel when it is up.
    You probably don't need an adjustable height to the pin. Pit Bull is 410 mm to the centre of the pin when standing vertically.

Bike
    ZX6R, KLR, VL250, Tiger800
    Hey aws, thanks for the feedback

The rubber stopper illustrated is 10mm high, but in all likelihood I would have used a standard doorstop which is about 25mm, that should be suffice to keep the phalanges intact.

HA! This is what happens when you doodle at your desk when you should be in the garage menacing your bike measuring tape...clears the sidestand no problem, the foot pegs...not so much.

I was thinking of seeing what the local bearing shop had in the way of nylon or ptfe bushes to place over the axle pin. If that doesn't work out then I'll redesign it to accommodate bearings.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Just buy a pair of wheels fitted with bearings.

http://www.wheelsplus.co.nz/about.html

http://www.swc.co.nz/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosifer View Post
    Hey aws, thanks for the feedback

The rubber stopper illustrated is 10mm high, but in all likelihood I would have used a standard doorstop which is about 25mm, that should be suffice to keep the phalanges intact.

HA! This is what happens when you doodle at your desk when you should be in the garage menacing your bike measuring tape...clears the sidestand no problem, the foot pegs...not so much.

I was thinking of seeing what the local bearing shop had in the way of nylon or ptfe bushes to place over the axle pin. If that doesn't work out then I'll redesign it to accommodate bearings.
    I don't know how well bushes would work - there is an awful lot of torque on that pin. I see you're in Auckland - you're welcome to take a closer look and measure up from my stand if your serious about building one.

Thread Information