Thread: Wanted to trade RF900R for WOF'd learner bike

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries

Wanted to trade RF900R for WOF'd learner bike

So... I've got this 1994 RF900R sitting in my garage, and I'm not using it. I parked it in there three years ago when it blew 2nd gear (not unusual with the bikes), intending to fix it, but never got around to it.

And now my wife wants a learner bike, and I'm hoping one of you good people might be amenable to a swap.

So, what's good about the bike?
    Rego is still on hold
    Brand new wavy disks and Ferodo Platinum pads when parked up
    Brand new chain and sprocket
    Less than 2000kms on the front tyre (Continental Sport Attack)
    K&N air filter
    Carbs are off the Manta Ray model

and what's not so good?
    It's been sitting for the better part of three years without starting.
    2nd gear engagement dogs need to be undercut and to do that, you're gonna have to pull the engine out, dismantle the gearbox - it's a cheap fix in an engineering shop - talk to Drew Mair - he had to do the same to his RF900R - and put it back together again.
    Fairings are pretty average - it's had a low speed slide down the road on ice at Paremata roundabout which put some scratches in the fairing.
    It's got the original pipe on it - bored out so it's a bit loud.
    The engine has done 160,000kms so the camchain is a bit noisy at idle - pretty standard Suzuki there - but it's got good compression and runs fine.
    The rear tyre has a slow leak and TBH it's borderline unwarrantable - its a Road Attack

Anyway, if this sounds like you, make me a $$$ offer, or, better yet - if you have a WOF'd learner's bike that has a live rego (even if it's on hold) that my darling wife can ride, I need to talk to you.

Call me on 021 078 3455.
    Simon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20081229-bike_0002.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	320965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20081229-bike_0001.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	320966  
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information