Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Stinger

Bike
    XR650R, Bucket

Suzuki Stinger

1970ish Suzuki T125 Stinger

Bought as a wreck with the intention of fixing her up and making a cool little town bike.

I have rebuilt the engine with a rebore and 0.5mm oversize pistons, and she now runs sweet! I've done a few other bits and pieces, but mostly, there is a fair bit of work still to do. All the rest of the bits for it are still here. Rego dead, but has the old number plate.

A bit reluctant to sell it, but thought I'd see if anyone was interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3737.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	835.8 KB 
ID:	300195

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil_K View Post
    1970ish Suzuki T125 Stinger

Bought as a wreck with the intention of fixing her up and making a cool little town bike.

I have rebuilt the engine with a rebore and 0.5mm oversize pistons, and she now runs sweet! I've done a few other bits and pieces, but mostly, there is a fair bit of work still to do. All the rest of the bits for it are still here. Rego dead, but has the old number plate.

A bit reluctant to sell it, but thought I'd see if anyone was interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3737.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	835.8 KB 
ID:	300195
    They're cool as shit. How much you want for it?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Stingers are proper cool. Do want
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Very bloody cool.

I'd love it.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    My Bro' had one of them new in 1971 through until about 1973 and I hope this isn't his one as he sold it in perfect nick and would be sad if he was still with us to think it ended up looking rough.

They were a good bike, smooth engine, not a peaky power band at all but then they weren't that rapid accelerating either, and could hold a good speed all day long. Biggest let down was fuel economy, though economy wasn't really the word. We lived in Napier then and it could not make Napier to Wairoa on a tank of gas, but there was fuel at the Waikare pub in Puturino then I think so all was well.

A lot of country bowsers have disappeared these days. Back then you could ride out to Rissington and Patoka and both had gas, not now though, so the Stinger was right for its time when you could get gas every 50 miles or so. That helped MachIII and MachIV owners too of course who had a similar problem with gas mileage.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    XR650R, Bucket
    Not too sure what its worth really, but wouldn't think much in it's current state. Very tempted to hold on to it...

Merv, this particular bike according to the faded dealer sticker on the fender was sold by ? B. Motor Cycles, Vanguard Street, Nelson. So unlikely to be your Bro's.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post

They were a good bike, smooth engine, not a peaky power band at all but then they weren't that rapid accelerating either, and could hold a good speed all day long. Biggest let down was fuel economy, though economy wasn't really the word.
    This was the early 70's - fuel economy wasn't something that mattered - my 350 Kwaka(Mach II) got 27mpg if I was really trying............fuel cooled, I think, was the term.......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    This was the early 70's - fuel economy wasn't something that mattered - my 350 Kwaka(Mach II) got 27mpg if I was really trying............fuel cooled, I think, was the term.......
    Yeah but as mentioned...was more the problem of being able to make the next town/re-fuel point on the tanks range than the price of the refill.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah but as mentioned...was more the problem of being able to make the next town/re-fuel point on the tanks range than the price of the refill.

...a four foot length of garden hose sorted out that problem...

Bike
    Exercycle
    You weren't really trying...my Mach 3 did 8mpg around town - and 12 - 15 racing. Old short Ruapuna so plenty of stop/go work. Half hour production races required some restraint....

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    You weren't really trying...my Mach 3 did 8mpg around town - and 12 - 15 racing. Old short Ruapuna so plenty of stop/go work. Half hour production races required some restraint....
    That was trying - to save fuel riding 2 up, between gas stations in the South Island. I didn't fancy walking with the girlfriend up the Wairau valley, and it was 70 miles to the next bowser. The little 350 could get similar figures to yours if you kept the throttle pinned - mind you, the smokescreen could be phenomenal.....
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    That was trying - to save fuel riding 2 up, between gas stations in the South Island. I didn't fancy walking with the girlfriend up the Wairau valley, and it was 70 miles to the next bowser. The little 350 could get similar figures to yours if you kept the throttle pinned - mind you, the smokescreen could be phenomenal.....
    I had the H1-a, they were fitted with the 'weird coil pick up' electronic ignition in Europe. Fuel cooled was about right, and if you did ride it with a modicum of fuel conservation in mind, the bastard frequently punished you by fouling the middle plug.... so either way round you were forking out!!
    But, yeh, twist that throttle, launch from the lights, and wait for anything/something.. to find a path out of the vast blue haze left behind you...
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    They're cool as shit. How much you want for it?
    Doesnt it come with an 'overloading' warning Pete?? HD belly and all that!!!
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Doesnt it come with an 'overloading' warning Pete?? HD belly and all that!!!
    Lol. The *cheek* of it...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'd like another one but I've yet to finish ( or really 'start' ) the other two. One day. Tricky part seems to be things like the seat trim.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information