Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Africa Twin

Bike
    1990 honda xrv750

Africa Twin

Hi i’m selling my Africa twin as i’m off traveling in a few months and can’t fit it in my bag.

91 out of WOF and rego on hold for the winter.

Bit tatty as its been used for what it was made for.

runs very well and has new chain and sprockets, pads and tires have heaps left.

I was told when i got it that it come from the UK after touring Europe and OZ and had the speedo changed from mph to kph so the mileage could be anything. i can’t remember what the mileage is and i have it stored in a friends garage for the winter, will check when i’m there next.

I did a service at the start of summer and didn't use it much as i had and operation in Feb so not ridden since then. also put a new clutch cable and new bushes, seals and oil in forks then to. I was told it had a top end rebuilt when i brought it and its sounding very smooth. It would be good to give it fresh oil, filter and plugs but should be all for a bit.

Made a rear rack for it. also has bark busters, engine guards, wider foot rests, ss exhaust and a super comfy seat for the long trips.

will be sad to see it go. if your interested let me know and i can say more about it.

I'm in Queenstown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	407008_10150616942436420_553306239_n.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	299037
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	420278_10150683511656420_95542366_n.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	299038

Bike
    CB1300
    Nice bike. Hope she finds a good home.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    1990 honda xrv750
    no one wants a cheap adventurer bike for the up coming summer?

Bike
    CB1300
    I would, but no funds sorry.

Bike
    1985 Moto Guzzi V50 Nato
    I do to, but the bike is on the wrong side of New Zealand. Arriving in Auckland ~24 september and staying for quite some time.

Bike
    1990 honda xrv750
    Fly down and ride it back. the weathers lovely here this time of year. only had a little snow today.

Bike
    1985 Moto Guzzi V50 Nato
    Quote Originally Posted by jex_the_bug View Post
    Fly down and ride it back. the weathers lovely here this time of year. only had a little snow today.
    Already thought about that, but first let me get there... sleep of a jet lag and see how my funds are once I get a place to stay. I`ll keep an eye on this one though, very interested. Especialy since I want to ride back home to the Netherlands instead of flying.

visit my site/blog @ www.travelguzzi.com

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeron View Post
    .......... Especialy since I want to ride back home to the Netherlands instead of flying.
    ummmm, you do know that there is a small stretch of water to cover
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    Wish I had some cash floating around at the minute but another bike would probably get me into trouble anyway

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Didn't you see Unstucks redneck boat? Piece of piss!

Bike
    1985 Moto Guzzi V50 Nato
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    One of my friends is a Civil Engineer and currently living in Christchurch... I`ll have him build a bridge for me.

And Jex, If you still happen to have the Twin once I arrive in NZ and dropped of my stuff. And there isn't a similar bike closer to Auckland. Chances are you're going to sell it to someone from the otherside of the planet.

Bike
    1990 honda xrv750
    well im heading to Canada at the end of September and can't take it with me. so if your here before then let me know.

I was looking at riding from England to NZ a few years back, i looked in to it and decided to put it off for a bit as a carnet (Passport for the bike) ties up a lot of your money that i needed for the trip. An Africa twin was going to be my bike of choice so brought one once i was here instead. its a strong bike alright.

Bike
    1985 Moto Guzzi V50 Nato
    Could you contact me on jenanninga@gmail.com? We'll see whats possible
    well im heading to Canada at the end of September and can't take it with me. so if your here before then let me know.

I was looking at riding from England to NZ a few years back, i looked in to it and decided to put it off for a bit as a carnet (Passport for the bike) ties up a lot of your money that i needed for the trip. An Africa twin was going to be my bike of choice so brought one once i was here instead. its a strong bike alright.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    That's my old bike..!...I sold it to a Russian taxi driver from queenstown.

I bought it from a Dutchman in Hamilton years ago and did a bit of work to it....reg/rec and electronic fuel pump, rode it all over the place and regret selling it to this day, sold cos of my ex.....I sold it to the Russian for 2000 so your asking a fair bit more..

Last time I seen it for sale it was by the Russian he said he had done some work and a new exhaust but its the same one as when I sold it....

If anyone is interested in buying it the main problem was the splined shaft that comes from the gearbox and holds the front sprocket on was prone to wear as people tightened the chain too much and rapidly wore out the splined portion thus requiring an engine and gearbox strip to replace the shaft..

There is a fab uk website full of info that was of great help to me ....http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-twin/

Good luck and drop me a line if you need any help or questions regarding the bike and I ll see if I can help...

Bike
    CB1300

Where are you flying out from? If Akl, and they pay but are not here yet I can fit one more in the shed for 2-4 weeks.

Bike
    1990 honda xrv750
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    That's my old bike..!...I sold it to a Russian taxi driver from queenstown.

I bought it from a Dutchman in Hamilton years ago and did a bit of work to it....reg/rec and electronic fuel pump, rode it all over the place and regret selling it to this day, sold cos of my ex.....I sold it to the Russian for 2000 so your asking a fair bit more..

Last time I seen it for sale it was by the Russian he said he had done some work and a new exhaust but its the same one as when I sold it....

If anyone is interested in buying it the main problem was the splined shaft that comes from the gearbox and holds the front sprocket on was prone to wear as people tightened the chain too much and rapidly wore out the splined portion thus requiring an engine and gearbox strip to replace the shaft..

There is a fab uk website full of info that was of great help to me ....http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-twin/

Good luck and drop me a line if you need any help or questions regarding the bike and I ll see if I can help...
    I know the russian brought it cheap but $2000 was a steal. i rode it all over the south island and wouldn't sell it if i wasn't leaving NZ. I know about the out put shaft ware so i've always run the chain loss and it looks like its not warn in the time iv had it.

Thread Information