Thread: My 2009 Scorpio 225 custom exshaust and other things!

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio 225 (2009)

My 2009 Scorpio 225 custom exshaust and other things!

Copied from trademe ad:
    For sale: 2009 Yamaha Scorpio 225. Great cond and includes Wof/Rego.

I bought it from wellington motorcycles as stock standard. Last had it serviced at 8,500kms from Independent Motorcycles and have also had valve clearances checked. New Pirelli city demons installed just before 10,000kms. And I cleaned the carb myself and replaced the float needle just 500kms ago.

Condition:

Great condition. I have put roughly 5,000kms on it in the last 6 months and let it warm up every time. Bike has a few spots of rust but not in any critical areas like the forks or chain. Tank paint has some scratched from when I removed the decals but not noticeable from a distance. I lube the chain every day when I get home from school/work and clean it about every second gas tank. Tires are about 1,000kms in and I have kept them filled to 29/30 psi. Bike has been lowsided on both sides while in my ownership. Once because I had the horrible stock tires on it. And the other side recently because I ran on a patch of oil. Paint remained unschathed though. Just some small scratches on the bike.

Work I have had done to it:

-Cycle works custom slip-on exhaust (bike comes with the stock one too) sounds great. Now scratched from a recent lowside.

-Small metal LED indicators and flasher relay. These are super bright and look really good. $80 for a pair RSRP.

-Stickers removed from gas-tank, sub-frame plastics and swing arm. Looks much better than stock.

-Replaced original silver sub-frame plastics with black plastics from the blue model Scorpio. Originals are included in this auction if you want them.

-Bike had the horrible stock tires on it when I bought it. Got some Pirelli City Demons on there now with about 1,000kms on both.

-Fitted bar end mirror but still have stock mirrors.

-Replaced battery very recently as the old one was dead.

Has Wof and rego. Wof lasts until april 2015. Rego expires in December.

Feel free to view/test ride just give me a pm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YCKwUdH.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	481.0 KB 
ID:	304229

Name:	eWjS6Py.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	304230

Name:	EZQxL6A.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	304232
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1rGLOk.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	304231  

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio 225 (2009)
    $2100 is new asking price

Thread Information