Thread: Low km - great condition! XVS250 Dragstar

Bike
    An old slow red one!!

Low km - great condition! XVS250 Dragstar

PRICE DROP!! Tom has just told me that he is dropping the by now price from $5k to $4,700!!!

Popping this up on behalf of a friend who is currently in Auckland but heading overseas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toms Bike.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	308165

"Super low km Yamaha Dragstar sadly up for sale. I was hoping to put a bunch more on it but I'm heading out of NZ for a while and can't keep it.

I bought it with around 400km on the clock a year ago and had it re-registered and put back on the road after a full service and a good carb clean out. Prior to that, the previous owner had left it sitting in the garage since new, hence the awesome condition. Has given me no troubles at all and been an awesome ride for a learner. Still has a couple of little stone chips from the road and a small dent on the fuel tank as can be expected, but hasn't been dropped or scratched.

It's a powerful little 250 and very comfortable to ride. Smooth transmission and LAMS approved would make it a good learner bike, or an easy commuter.

Will include the cover, anti-theft lock, oil and grease.
    Rego and WOF expire 07 Feb 15."

Here is the Trade Me ad with all the photos etc http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=837070190
    Last edited by Her_C4; 21st January 2015 at 20:43. Reason: Price change

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Original owner spent close to $10,000, rode it for about 2 tanks of gas, then parked it up.... Missus found out and put her foot down?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Missus found out and put her foot down?
    For fucks sake, on a fuckin rusty nail I hope.
    Some guys have seriously substandard missusses.

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Original owner spent close to $10,000, rode it for about 2 tanks of gas, then parked it up.... Missus found out and put her foot down?
    Yes that's the one! I knew that it had been parked up for quite some time but didn't realise THAT was the reason! That's just no good! Hope he has a new fast one by now then

The current owner hasn't had much of a chance to get many k's up on it and is sad that it has to go- it is truly a bargain and I reckon he will be open to offers if anyone is interested?

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Her_C4 View Post
    Yes that's the one! I knew that it had been parked up for quite some time but didn't realise THAT was the reason! That's just no good! Hope he has a new fast one by now then

The current owner hasn't had much of a chance to get many k's up on it and is sad that it has to go- it is truly a bargain and I reckon he will be open to offers if anyone is interested?
    With a username like airforcetom I'd bet my last chocolate fish that is Thomas W from Chch? NZ is way too small

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    With a username like airforcetom I'd bet my last chocolate fish that is Thomas W from Chch? NZ is way too small
    LOL yes indeed it is - just trying to help him get the word out there re his bike before he goes away.

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

Thread Information