Thread: Reducing my stable

Bike
    1969 Honda S90

Reducing my stable

I am really seeking advice here.I have two Honda CX400 Euro's plus a 99% complete spare bike broken down in boxes and includes a 500cc motor that could do with a set of rings.
    One of the bikes is in lovely original condition,original pearl paint,original seat,black plate etc-This bike has done 79000 and has and new camchain and waterpump seal
    at around 60K.Near new rubber with new WOF and rego.I am asking $3500
    The second bike is one that I did a ground up renovation on,painted in black,new rubber and with black plate.Mileage is unknown as a second speedo has been fitted.New camchain and waterpump seal was fitted 5000 K's ago.I am asking $3000.This bike would make a nice café project.
    If both bikes are sold to the one buyer at my asking price, I will throw in all the spares free-value of these with motor is around $1000.
    These two bikes were part of a ride from Cape Reinga to Bluff recently all up 5500K's and they did not miss a beat.The CX was one of the best motors for reliability that Honda built and will the changes in the gear ratios that was made for the Euro 400,they ended up with a great performing 400.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midnight 1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	323092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0407.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	765.5 KB 
ID:	323091  

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I am really seeking advice here.
    I seemed to have missed it, but what advice were you seeking?.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    How much exhaust wrap is required?

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Sorry-I meant to ask if folk thought it better to sell the bikes separately or as a package with the spares.

Bike
    CB1300
    You'll very more settling each piece. Hence wreckers are in business.

But you have to ask what you are trying to achieve.

If space and time are your motives a quick sale at %25 less is probably your best bet.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    You'll very more settling each piece. Hence wreckers are in business.

But you have to ask what you are trying to achieve.

If space and time are your motives a quick sale at %25 less is probably your best bet.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    Thanks BD-There is no hurry to sell and space is not a problem.I just thought my pricing was fair for either one or both (with the spares).If both were sold I would have no reason for the spares and felt better to let them go with the bikes.It is interesting that the only spares I have used in over 5 years of ownership is a side panel (my fault) and a brake bleed nipple.I guess that says something about the reliability of these bikes.

Bike
    Thanks BD-There is no hurry to sell and space is not a problem.I just thought my pricing was fair for either one or both (with the spares).If both were sold I would have no reason for the spares and felt better to let them go with the bikes.It is interesting that the only spares I have used in over 5 years of ownership is a side panel (my fault) and a brake bleed nipple.I guess that says something about the reliability of these bikes.
    To me that always just says the next guy will be the one with the bad luck and end up doing all the expensive part replacing

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    If you have the time and a reasonable camera, selling the parts individually will net you a great deal more cash

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    If you have the time and a reasonable camera, selling the parts individually will net you a great deal more cash
    Have done this previously with other bikes-parts get cherry picked and after 12 months balance goes to the tip-then the next day you get a call for one of the dumped bits-bugger.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    To me that always just says the next guy will be the one with the bad luck and end up doing all the expensive part replacing
    Its a CX Tazz-replacement parts???-expensive????-these bikes run forever,but should you really need a spare,most are free from other owners both local and o'seas.-Do we have a mutual friend in Jed Roberts?

Bike
    Its a CX Tazz-replacement parts???-expensive????-these bikes run forever,but should you really need a spare,most are free from other owners both local and o'seas.-Do we have a mutual friend in Jed Roberts?
    I just meant in general. No offence intended. It just sets off alarm bells in my head even though it's always used as a positive by sellers. Good luck :-)

Dude on here from the NL passed through on a CX he had dropped a few times and that had head issues from the day he picked it up in chuchur but it still took him around the country regardless.

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Do you still have either of these for sale?

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec View Post
    Do you still have either of these for sale?
    No sorry mate,sold both,all spares with one of them, within 24 hours of listing on TM,I have a twinge of regret as reliable bikes don't get much better than the CX

Thread Information