Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1853

Thread: KLR riders out there

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I use 91, used to use 95 but it was horrible, switched to 91 and it pulls so much better off idle, and stalls less, easier to ride slow etc.

Mind you since putting the 685 kit in and the compression ratio rising a bit i might give 98 a go next tankful.
    Hows that 685 kit going Woodman... any issues
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    Hows that 685 kit going Woodman... any issues
    Real good, no issues whatsoever and doesn't use oil thank fcuk, so anyone riding behind me on the next db1k won't get oil splatters all over them.

The 685 kit really changes the power characteristics. Pulls like a schoolboy and is a lot smoother too. Still no powerhouse but the power is just so flat, its like a tractor. There are cams available and rejetting etc but I can't see the point with the chassis limitations and apparently the fuel economy goes all to hell.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Cool mate sounds good, now all you got to do is load it right up and tour the north Island
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    We really need to do a SIIOTN and get marks to show us around the joint. Including those dodgy places and cnut hill.

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    We really need to do a SIIOTN and get marks to show us around the joint. Including those dodgy places and cnut hill.

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post

Count me in for that ride
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    A couple of Questions for the KLR riders out there.

1, Does anyone in the Wellington region have the tools for doing the Doo that I could borrow in a couple of weeks? in particular the rotor puller, as I can probably knock a spanner into shape easily enough.

2, As your one of the few I've seen with the Plastic 6.6 gallon tank Mr Woodman. How do you find it, does it offer a bit of protection to the radiator, and is it easy to fit?

3,which of the internet Suppliers is good to deal with?

Thanks Guys
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    A couple of Questions for the KLR riders out there.

1, Does anyone in the Wellington region have the tools for doing the Doo that I could borrow in a couple of weeks? in particular the rotor puller, as I can probably knock a spanner into shape easily enough.

2, As your one of the few I've seen with the Plastic 6.6 gallon tank Mr Woodman. How do you find it, does it offer a bit of protection to the radiator, and is it easy to fit?

3,which of the internet Suppliers is good to deal with?

Thanks Guys
    1, I have the doo tools here, homemade happy to courier them up if you need them. The rotor puller is just a bolt.

2. IMS tank is great, its a bit wider, but only noticeable when standing. Radiator protection is fabulous (DR word), mine is so garked up that i am surprised it hasn't started leaking, but the radiator etc hasn't been touched. Very easy to fit, i didn't fit the front braces and the USA ones have an extra hose to do something with in the instructions but from memory I just blocked it off.You really notice it when its full, and mine now holds 28 litres. I got evomx foam cubes in mine and that helps with the slosh effect.

3, I got the tank from klr.com. Great to deal with only cost $67usd freight from memory. have used procycle, aviciouscycle, schnitzracing, as well and they all been real good.

hope this helps
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    1, I have the doo tools here, homemade happy to courier them up if you need them. The rotor puller is just a bolt.

2. IMS tank is great, its a bit wider, but only noticeable when standing. Radiator protection is fabulous (DR word), mine is so garked up that i am surprised it hasn't started leaking, but the radiator etc hasn't been touched. Very easy to fit, i didn't fit the front braces and the USA ones have an extra hose to do something with in the instructions but from memory I just blocked it off.You really notice it when its full, and mine now holds 28 litres. I got evomx foam cubes in mine and that helps with the slosh effect.

3, I got the tank from klr.com. Great to deal with only cost $67usd freight from memory. have used procycle, aviciouscycle, schnitzracing, as well and they all been real good.

hope this helps
    Thanks for the reply and the offer. I'll let you know about the tools sometime soon. i had a bit of a hunt around the Net tonight and yep KLR650.com does appear to be the best deal for shipping, i've sent off a few emails to get some price comparisons on the tank.

I also see IMS are now making a larger tank to fit the later model KLR's with a lift pump to get the lower down fuel. the price, plus lack of need for the extra distance puts me off it though.

Latest photo's

Bike
    the mighty SUPER SHERPA

Thumbs up Make your own "DOHICKY" spanner.

I made my own for the old Tengai I have in Aussie.

Went to the Truck wreckers & got a 22mm x 1.5 (thread) wheel bolt.Cut it & welded the nut to the thread part.
    Then put a step in a 1 &1/4 inch open ended spanner.
    Worked a treat.
    I think renewing the retaining bolt each time is really extreme.

Bike
    KLR650 1987, Triumph Speedtwin 1951,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the offer. I'll let you know about the tools sometime soon. i had a bit of a hunt around the Net tonight and yep KLR650.com does appear to be the best deal for shipping, i've sent off a few emails to get some price comparisons on the tank.

I also see IMS are now making a larger tank to fit the later model KLR's with a lift pump to get the lower down fuel. the price, plus lack of need for the extra distance puts me off it though.
    Hi there Howie, i have the doohicky tools here in waikanae you are more than welcome to use them, be careful with KLR.COM i have brought parts from them in the past and they have sent different parts than what they claim to be advertising on line.

STORMTROOPER

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
    Hi there Howie, i have the doohicky tools here in waikanae you are more than welcome to use them, be careful with KLR.COM i have brought parts from them in the past and they have sent different parts than what they claim to be advertising on line.

STORMTROOPER
    Thanks for that, I'll probably take you up on that offer. I haven't ordered the doo kit yet, but I'll probably order it straight from Eagle Mfg & Eng

I was hoping to do this before a trip south for the DB1K, but not sure if I'll get it all organised in time now.

Latest photo's

Bike
    KLR650 WR450

Fwiw

I brought a rear wheel off of tard me for a 87 klr and it fits my 08. had to change one bearing and the disk looks different but fits ok.

now I can have a knarly tire and a roady tire all ready to go

Bike
    2006 Kawa KLR650
    I have recently had cause to lie my klr down on some sandy patches and against a tree or two.(dropped it) Does anyone have kind words of wisdom regarding crash bars around the tank, radiator, motor.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by flockfish View Post
    I have recently had cause to lie my klr down on some sandy patches and against a tree or two.(dropped it) Does anyone have kind words of wisdom regarding crash bars around the tank, radiator, motor.
    Get them.

Thread Information