Thread: No WOF- oil leaks

Bike
    Several old ones

No WOF- oil leaks

Is there a law to stop that stops you getting a WOF if is leaking excessive oil.
    Went to the Fieldays on the bike, pissed with rain, but parked right at the entrance, cagers had to walk kms and wait for transfer buses, the advantages of motorcycles are great, except for getting a bit wet that is, anyway back to the subject, oil on the road appeared to be everywhere, I guess that 100,000 cars a day do drop a bit of oil, but wet the road appeared to have a purple and green oil slick down the middle of the lane.
    Some vehicles must dump a hell of alot of oil.
    Time the WOF stations checked vehicles for leaks.

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Geese mate, you trying to get all the triumphs off the road?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Nope. Not a WoF fail. Normally. Unless it is leaking on brakes (assunming engine/gearbox oil here - power steering fluid, f'instance , is another matter). Or unless it is massive , as in streaming not dribbling . There is a fail clause about a build up of flammable substance in a hot part of the engine compartment.

However, leaking diesel fuel (or any fuel actually) may be another matter 13.2 is a fai for a noticeable fuel leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Nope. Not a WoF fail. Normally. Unless it is leaking on brakes (assunming engine/gearbox oil here - power steering fluid, f'instance , is another matter)..
    And shock absorbers.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Nope. Not a WoF fail. Normally. Unless it is leaking on brakes (assunming engine/gearbox oil here - power steering fluid, f'instance , is another matter). Or unless it is massive , as in streaming not dribbling . There is a fail clause about a build up of flammable substance in a hot part of the engine compartment.

However, leaking diesel fuel (or any fuel actually) may be another matter 13.2 is a fai for a noticeable fuel leak.

Aint the rules great !!!!!

And if your door wont shut and stay shut , just take it off the car and its ok again.

You can leak oil , have all sorts of shit wrong and if your CV boot bursts and goes all over the rotor , thats a fail. All you have to do is clean it and its a pass. You dont have to repair the damaged boot .

Why why why .

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    Aint the rules great !!!!!

And if your door wont shut and stay shut , just take it off the car and its ok again.

You can leak oil , have all sorts of shit wrong and if your CV boot bursts and goes all over the rotor , thats a fail. All you have to do is clean it and its a pass. You dont have to repair the damaged boot .

Why why why .
    Because NZers are tight-fisted fuckers who don't maintain their vehicles they just repair them at greater cost when they ultimately fail.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Preload View Post
    Because NZers are tight-fisted fuckers who don't maintain their vehicles they just repair them at greater cost when they ultimately fail.

Tell me about it , the worst people are the lease companies that wont pay for anything in a clients car and then penalise the client after the lease term becuase catch up servicing is required.
    EG ; if a set of front tyres are worn because of bad wheel alignment , they will put a new set of tyres on it but wont do an alignment, whats the fuggin point in that ?? .... easy , the tyres are built into the lease term but an alignment is extra , "we wont do extras thankyou very much " .

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010
    I certainly am more aware of those tell tale blobs of rainbow coloured traps since riding a bike. Never seemed to notice them in the car.

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter View Post
    I certainly am more aware of those tell tale blobs of rainbow coloured traps since riding a bike. Never seemed to notice them in the car.

I havnt seen a really good "rainbow"since the 70s .

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Be very aware of them, especially in this sort of weather.They , all by themsleves can and will unseat you at the most terribly inconvenient moments.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    10kph over the ridiculously low limit and you are screwed.

Leak oil over the road attempting to murder motorcyclists - No problem.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman1 View Post
    excessive
    The wording is significant leak,and doesn't apply to engine or transmission oil...although I do fail if the whole car is saturated and a pool is on my floor.

Cars have always leaked oil,it's just that in the last couple of decades they are pretty oil tight,so leaks are more noticeable.The Hillman Hunter never had a timing cover oil seal,and they went on until the early '80's,they were covered in oil and it was considered normal.Check out a carpark in the morning before anyone gets there - where the cars park should be pretty obvious.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    A Black One
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    I havnt seen a really good "rainbow"since the 70s .
    Ah yes the 70,s remember it well.....well bits of it.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank...
    Give a man a bank he can rob the WORLD !!!

Thread Information