Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Will I get my 100 ready in time for Taupo?

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Yeah I saw that. Can make life difficult for sure. I dread one of us losing a job.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I know nothing of 2 strokes, but I've followed this and the ESE thread as best I could with limited understanding.

Is there a basic fundamental being forgotten? TZ forgot that a 2 stroke wants not run as lean as possible when he went with injection, and was hampered further by an issue he knew existed, (piston meeting head), but discounted prematurely as merely an extreme circumstantial occurance.

This pipe that you know is lacking, could it be so far wrong as to fuck everything else before it starts?

I know I'm not being particularly helpful, but it bugs me that you do nothing but theoretically improve the bike and get fuck all for it.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ta yeah I'm going to go in looking for an issue first. Not sure what I'll do second. Hard to undo what I've changed
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well if it's not a build issue, the only thing that strikes me is the lowering of the transfer port floors to match the piston height at BDC. I'm right in interpreting your post as this ? This is increasing the transfers time/area just as much as raising them the same amount would do.
    The way the motor is running sounds very much like a transfer timing mismatch - and i've seen a few of them.....

Sorry i can't provide an answer. it could be as simple as the pipe but it could also be case volume related. Could also be the transfer stream shape and direction are now wrong for that cylinder.

As an aside i remember an aussie on another forum whose signature was "It's a poor husband who can't find his wife a second or third job"
    Best of luck.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well if it's not a build issue, the only thing that strikes me is the lowering of the transfer port floors to match the piston height at BDC. I'm right in interpreting your post as this ? This is increasing the transfers time/area just as much as raising them the same amount would do.
    The way the motor is running sounds very much like a transfer timing mismatch - and i've seen a few of them.....

Sorry i can't provide an answer. it could be as simple as the pipe but it could also be case volume related. Could also be the transfer stream shape and direction are now wrong for that cylinder.

As an aside i remember an aussie on another forum whose signature was "It's a poor husband who can't find his wife a second or third job"
    Best of luck.
    I'd lowered them the same amount on the last barrel which did similar good power but slightly higher revs

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, time seems to be disappearing & I haven't spent any more time on the 100.

So will it be ready for Tokaroa? (being that Taupo was last weekend).

Bike
    Several
    Hmmm, Mine is in a similar spot, might run, might not.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I found out tonight that I won't be getting Gary's cylinder back until next Monday, and Sketchy still hasn't given me a delivery date for the billet water-cooled heads. Ah well, plenty of time to sort it all out, couple of workday evenings and chuck it in the van Friday night.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well the 100 is back together. I'd done a leakdown test & it failed spectacularly. I's found a piece of devcon stuck to the bottom ot the gasket surface that was holding it open and I could hardly pump it fast enough to find out where the leak was.

What I can't ignore is that the bore has a heap of ridges above the ex port. when I'd done a comp test (silly things on 2 strokes) but it dodn't push more than 150psi. not ideal by any stretch. It needed a rebore. I rang my local kart guy. and then again, and then on his mobile. He's in Melbourne. Ok that answers that question. sandpaper hone & back together.

But the good news is the leakdown test was rock steady. So I'm sure it will go better, much better than last test but maybe not optomim.

What I have decided that I can't be arsed going to the dyno before the GP. I could try the other carb or the reedblock, but I'd probably not learn anything & I'd be better off just getting some early nights tickling up catch bottles & packing.

As long as it can pass Kel in a straight line it'll be fine.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well the 100 is back together. I'd done a leakdown test & it failed spectacularly. I's found a piece of devcon stuck to the bottom ot the gasket surface that was holding it open and I could hardly pump it fast enough to find out where the leak was.

What I can't ignore is that the bore has a heap of ridges above the ex port. when I'd done a comp test (silly things on 2 strokes) but it dodn't push more than 150psi. not ideal by any stretch. It needed a rebore. I rang my local kart guy. and then again, and then on his mobile. He's in Melbourne. Ok that answers that question. sandpaper hone & back together.

But the good news is the leakdown test was rock steady. So I'm sure it will go better, much better than last test but maybe not optomim.

What I have decided that I can't be arsed going to the dyno before the GP. I could try the other carb or the reedblock, but I'd probably not learn anything & I'd be better off just getting some early nights tickling up catch bottles & packing.

As long as it can pass Kel in a straight line it'll be fine.
    Let me get outta the way before the shooting starts!

I'n NOT be doing the early night thing, as much as I want to.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well I've already done the catch bottles. We'll see if Kel reads this thread. Did I mention that I've been going to the gym for 2 and 1/2 months?

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well I've already done the catch bottles. We'll see if Kel reads this thread. Did I mention that I've been going to the gym for 2 and 1/2 months?
    No I have better things to do than read your silly thread.
    I will bet you $50 and bragging rights (here for all to witness) that you will not pass me in a straight line in any race of the weekend
    I'm serious about the gym, really enjoying it. Just wish I could wear dark glasses so I could get more perv time in

Bike
    Blog Entries
    hmm, nah don't think I'll take that bet. Last time I dyno'd it it was ~21hp with a far reduced spread. but at least I got a bite on my fishing trip, and inside a couple of hours. Not a bad day.

Are you that confident you won't take a lie down?

I was lying about the gym of course.

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Oh man, shit just got kicked up a notch! I hope reliability has been firmly built into that bike, it would suck to have a mechanical or a lie down and have to give blowies for life... or was that $50? We should do a GPR 4 stroke, Kel, Dave, Nathaniel, Ken drag race on the main straight after practice on Saturday. Winner gets a choc fish... or a blowy or some shit, Tim was offering something along those lines in my photo thread a while back?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well my bike finished last year, admittedly making a lot of smoke (think I traced that to a gearbox leak onto the pipe). I'd never cast a bet that it finished the race.

This year with rain forecast heck who knows if I'll even race, I might have to do my hair.

(maybe I should step up the trash talk but I'm not feeling the confidence atm).

Thread Information