Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get a deregistered bike on the road

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    check out www.lvvta.org.nz

All the awnsers are on there, BUT!!!!!!! The certifier may ask for a lot of photos etc of the frame build to satisy them selves that it was done correctly and it is up to the certifier to get the cert done
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    Out or curiosity, is there any time limit on this bit?

So do you have to complete the repairs within 28 days, 3 months or some arbitrary length of time?

Does the engineer recheck the whole bike or only the things you failed on?
    I'm going to have to take a pass on that one right now. the order you have to do things may have changed recently
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Bikes
    Have scrolled thru the thread but couldn't find my answer.

Can someone kindly help? Am looking at buying a 1952 Triumph. No plates, no rego number. What's the protocol? TIA".............
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    1989 Yamaha FZR400
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post

Can someone kindly help? Am looking at buying a 1952 Triumph. No plates, no rego number. What's the protocol? TIA".............
    Does the previous owner have the old registration papers? If yes, that's all you need. If not, he needs to write/print you a receipt. It should be in a gst/tax invoice format and just state quantity 1x 1952 triumph .... Etc. and the vin number, then "as-is" and the purchase price. It should have the date of sale and sellers full name/address/signature.

You then take it in to an as compliance centre in your area and ask for a RE registration.. The receptionist will help you through the rest. These days it's all included, so for $250, they will Inspect it and give you a WOF.. You can buy the registration at the same place (minimum 6 months with plate, ~$200? On vintage bike).

That should be everything to get it back on the road.

The test is a bit more thorough than a WOF but hardly.. Just make sure it's up to warrantable standard before you take it in. Like a warrant, you get a 28 day recheck.

Sent from my iShit using Tapatalk

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650

Not exactly the same facts, but I wrote this up about my experience:
    http://a7avenger.wordpress.com/2014/...n-new-zealand/

Hopefully you can get some value out of it. Short answer - you can register almost anything, but you might have to jump through some hoops and write a couple of cheques.

Bike
    Bikes
    Some good info here, including the blog.

In my case the TR5 does not come with any proof of rego.

Bike
    Some good info here, including the blog.

In my case the TR5 does not come with any proof of rego.
    Still doable - get a letter from the police saying they have no interest in the frame or engine number, and get an ID from the Vintage Car Club ($100).

Bike
    1989 Yamaha FZR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Still doable - get a letter from the police saying they have no interest in the frame or engine number, and get an ID from the Vintage Car Club ($100).
    I didn't need the police letter when I did it. Was told they don't need it anymore.. Think they just use the police website and lookup the vin.

Bike
    Daniel, I was advised the same thing, but I was also advised that more paperwork is better than less. The police request only took 2 days to process, and the constable that handled it ran a variety of checks to try (unsuccessfully) to locate the bike in the system or locate a previous owner. It's free and quick, so you may as well do it, particularly if you're short on documentation.

Bike
    KLR650 WR450

Wellington insurance writeoff repair certification

Hi

Thanks Frosty for such excellent info.

I've just brought a Tiger 955 insurance write-off and need to go through the repair - re certification process

The LTSA site lists 2 engineers for Wellington - Steve Gaskin and Deane McMillan

Anyone dealt with either of these guys?

any info appreciated

Cheers

Mark

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM8 View Post
    I didn't need the police letter when I did it. Was told they don't need it anymore.. Think they just use the police website and lookup the vin.

You need a statutory declaration to say that you own the vehicle and it is not stolen.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Bikes
    Would a 1952 Triumph require: Indicators & Brake Lamp?

Bike
    Would a 1952 Triumph require: Indicators & Brake Lamp?
    Nope

Bike
    pushy
    OK, fell over at the 2nd hurdle... Obtaining declaration from Police the VIN/REGO on my de-registered CB400N was of no interest to them.

They'll check and verbally tell me that the bike is of no interest to them, but not in writing. Because (allegedly) they can't give details of registered owner. OK, fair enough. I don't need the details of the registered owner, I just need a declaration stating the bike is of no interest to you, it's not stolen or reported stolen, it's not subject to any court order or a lean on possession - No, no written statement whatsoever.

Apparently no one has ever received a written declaration from the Police stating a motorcycle is of no interest to them. This has never happened (EVER) because the constable dealing with me has been a Police Officer for 10 years.
    This is in Auckland Central Police station by the way... While strolling there I did consider these townies would just be a fuck-around, I was right.

So now WTF do I do?

I've already been to the postshop and tried the change of ownership, got nowhere because the vehicle is deregistered. CARJAM lists no details for either the VIN, nor the REGO plate for my de-registered Honda.

I anyone local in Auckland that could direct me to folk that won't be unhelpful in this situation? The situation being I've purchased an old bike, a few years (4 maybe) de-registered, I'm not the registered owner, I've no idea who the registered owner was as like any old shitter it's been passed around a bit and likely changed hands through swaps and deals. The bike itself doesn't need much, a clean up / tidy up and some indicators.

Which Police Station will issue declaration stating the item is of no interest to them firstly?

Thanks,

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_attack View Post
    OK, fell over at the 2nd hurdle... Obtaining declaration from Police the VIN/REGO on my de-registered CB400N was of no interest to them.

They'll check and verbally tell me that the bike is of no interest to them, but not in writing. Because (allegedly) they can't give details of registered owner. OK, fair enough. I don't need the details of the registered owner, I just need a declaration stating the bike is of no interest to you, it's not stolen or reported stolen, it's not subject to any court order or a lean on possession - No, no written statement whatsoever.
    Apparently ... such Police clearance / Documentation is no longer required. For your stated reasons.

Persistence beats resistance ....
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information