Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My first post - STOLEN KTM!

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAGULL
    I live on the Kapiti coast (Waikanae) and I read in the local paper about the police finding a bike that could be like yours, on the beach, I think. It had no rego so they were apealing to the public for any info of who the owner might be. Let me know how you get on Seagull (Harley rider)
    Hi Seagull,

Is their anyway you can find a pic of this bike? or can get anymore extra details like cc rating, year etc.?

The most likely scenario is that they have stripped the bike of any lights and what not and changed the wheels to original 21/19 dirt ones and they are just thrashing it offroad.

Either PM me or post a reply,

Thanks mate,

FMJ

Bike
    99 zx6r
    hi and welcome,bummer about your bike,will keep an eye out for it.
    my drinking team has a racing problem

Bike
    FZR400
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ
    Megazoid,

Was it riding on the road? Did it have the 17" wheels? Did it have a sticker kit? Can you remember where you saw it and maybe be able to scope the area out?

Please keep a lookout. This is the first lead I've had.

Thanks.
    i didnt measure the whiels, and i didnt look at the sticker kit... it was just standing on the cafedral square street(main street) and looked all shiny'n stuff... i only saw this post after i saw it... maybe a day or two days after... dont remember... all i remember that there's no bikes like that in ch-ch that i know off...

Bike
    2/3 of a zxr :(
    Any luck yet? I got a copy of the pic n details at motomart and will post it up at uni tmr, mite stop by and get a few more to spread around on the notice boards later on in the week. Hope it helps,
    :spudwhat:

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Nah no luck yet learna,

Had a look around Grenada North after one of my fathers associates said he saw and heard a KTM up their. We didn't see a thing but that's not too say it's not there. To be honest Grenada North is the biggest scum hole I've seen, it reminds me of the little settlement in the movie 'Deliverance'. I may take another look just in case.

Thanks alot mate, keep an eye out theirs still hope yet.

FMJ.

Bike
    1998 Honda VTR250
    any luck ???

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Not yet johnny,

I think it's a lost cause. I had an interview with an insurance claim assessor today. He said their have been 3 KTM's stolen in the last 6 weeks so they are obviously being singled out.

Thanks for the concern mate.

FMJ.

Bike
    1998 Honda VTR250
    Not yet johnny,

I think it's a lost cause. I had an interview with an insurance claim assessor today. He said their have been 3 KTM's stolen in the last 6 weeks so they are obviously being singled out.

Thanks for the concern mate.

FMJ.
    I think NZ law should be more tough on steal criminal.
    Otherwise these bad guys can always get away!!!!

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Please could everyone keep a look out for my bike. Hopefully it's still in one piece and resembles the bike in the pics.

I'm in a bit of a rut. The insurance claim was declined and I have been left with an $8000 bill. What pisses me off more is that I am paying off a bike I don't even possess.

So if everyone could do me a favour and just keep your eyes peeled.

It would mean the world too me to get the bike back.

Thanks alot.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    GOD!

Why was the claim declined? If You dont mind me asking?..

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    GOD!

Why was the claim declined? If You dont mind me asking?..
    and name the company if you think they aint doing you a fair deal!

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    I was with PROTECTA.

It was my screw up really.

The bike was only covered if stolen from a locked and enclosed building. The bike was stolen from a covered carpark (drive through type). I never imagined it could be stolen from where it was parked and with so much pedestrian traffic.

Just make sure when you sign your insurance application forms READ THE FINE PRINT and get the full cover. It may set you back more but won't bite you in the ass like it had me.

The last thing an insurance company wants to do is payout, so they will try everything and anything to get you off there backs.

I really wanna nail the pricks who took the bike and send a message to other thieving bastards just like them.

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.

Really sorry to hear about this FlangMasterJ.

Did you have any luck contacting the Wairarapa people who ran the event?

We'll keep our eyes peeled.

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

Bike
    2010 Thruxton & 2013 Think Ion
    Blog Entries
    There are alot of dirt bikes being thrown onto the back of trucks in Wellington at the moment.

A mate of mine had his DR250 stolen and the same day on the other side of town, another DR250 was stolen.

There is obviously alot of bikes being stolen. I think it's time somebody actually set up some covert cameras to catch these guys.
    Interesting thing is - They seem to be heavily targeting dirt bikes.

Can anybody provide me with more information on locations of thefts?
    I work in the security industry and am considering placing a couple of cameras in the off chance. Especially since one of the previously hit spots is right outside the office.

Post Message me privately please.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    The bike was only covered if stolen from a locked and enclosed building. The bike was stolen from a covered carpark (drive through type). I never imagined it could be stolen from where it was parked and with so much pedestrian traffic.
    so was this sub full insurance or is it a standard clause they try to hide from you in the hope they dont have to pay out?!

will be looking for insurance soon so will need to ensure I have some decent cover. Sucks to be tripped up by hidden small print.

ps why the fuck when you go to buy a plane ticket is that it says it costs $180, but then after that they add a airport tax, a terrorist tax and a fuel surcharge?
    Why dont they just calll apples apples and put the price at $300. When you buy a bus ticket you dont have to pay for diesel?

Thread Information